Are there any exhaust that make this truck sound good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazing that people still think that X pipes or H pipes are good on a turbo motor...

What's the issue with an X pipe with a turbo motor? I have an x pipe with the Corsa Xtreme exhaust and the x pipe is the only thing that worked to get rid of a very annoying gas pedal vibration issue that I was having. Is it causing other problems?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's the issue with an X pipe with a turbo motor? I have an x pipe with the Corsa Xtreme exhaust and the x pipe is the only thing that worked to get rid of a very annoying gas pedal vibration issue that I was having. Is it causing other problems?

On a turbo application it can act as a restriction... you don't want that, you want a large unimpeded path out and an X pipe (or an H pipe) are the opposite to that. In NA applications they can benefit scavenging it turbo applications they can become a flow disruptor.

As for causing you problems? I would say probably not, but if we were splitting hairs I'd say an x pipe is worse for turbo applications.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The x pipe with my Borla atak sounded horrible, called Borla and told them this. They said that their exhaust with x pipe was setup to be used with all other parts in the exhaust setup to be stock. They said that since I had down pipes that the H pipe is what should be used with their exhaust and after I removed the x and replaced with H pipe it sounded great.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We offer all the major brands for Gen 2. Corsa seems to be the best seller. the nice part about the Corsa is it can quiet when you want and get loud when you want. its tame during cruising.

Racingislife

Reaction score
can anyone report on using the corsa xpipe resonator delete with a fully stock system otherwise?
i just loaded the MPT tune last week. now that the trucks feels like a monster i want it to sound a little more aggressive.
i'm considering the Ford Touring, but $2k seems like a lot for just a little more aggressive sound. I deleted one set of cats and a resonator on my m3 and left the stock exhaust and i love it. so i'm thinking the corsa xpipe delete might give me the same effect on this truck.

any input or feedback appreciated.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can anyone report on using the corsa xpipe resonator delete with a fully stock system otherwise?
i just loaded the MPT tune last week. now that the trucks feels like a monster i want it to sound a little more aggressive.
i'm considering the Ford Touring, but $2k seems like a lot for just a little more aggressive sound. I deleted one set of cats and a resonator on my m3 and left the stock exhaust and i love it. so i'm thinking the corsa xpipe delete might give me the same effect on this truck.

any input or feedback appreciated.

I have Corsa's x-pipe installed and their muffler. I was told by Corsa that if I put my stock muffler back on (instead of using their muffler), that the sound level would be very close to stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20