Are there any exhaust that make this truck sound good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the ford gt v6 have a different firing order?

Not that I am aware of. And from the videos I have seen, its tone sounds exactly the same as the Raptor. It's just louder and a little raspier but the tone is the same.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem isn't V6 vs V8, it is N/A vs TT. Here is one of the most iconic V8TTs ever made and it is driving through a tunnel for added effect.

https://youtu.be/7mZdkfEeJH4?t=23m30s

How gloriously awful does that sound? The turbos are taking energy out of the exhaust stream and that is a bigger issue than the 2 missing cylinders.

So, that's pretty wrong. It is exactly v6 vs v8, they will never sound the same. Here is a Gen 1 Twin Turbo that has the glorious V8 sound. I have had NA/SC/TT and the sound is engine and exhaust set up.

I loved my Gen1 SC Raptor's sound, now if I want to hear a Gen1, I can slow down and wait for a Gen1 to catch up to me and listen to it..... :)

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem isn't V6 vs V8, it is N/A vs TT. Here is one of the most iconic V8TTs ever made and it is driving through a tunnel for added effect.

https://youtu.be/7mZdkfEeJH4?t=23m30s

How gloriously awful does that sound? The turbos are taking energy out of the exhaust stream and that is a bigger issue than the 2 missing cylinders.

Jazz Jennings, I am sorry that your ***** is so small or that your ******** is SO large but here is a dose of reality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYR4NlgxE3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfzUD_UJZd0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPcMCyUDViQ

It ain't the turbos, honey.

MTheory

Reaction score
I’ve toyed around with the idea of trying to balance the two banks/sides of the exhaust better with an extra x or h pipe, maybe even resonators added. Quiter exhaust with more raw turbo noise from the motor was my idea.

The tone seems to stay the same with this truck no matter what exhaust you use it just gets louder from what I’ve heard.

“That’s a really nice, fast, funky sounding truck”

Someone said that to me not even a week after I bought it at a light and I can’t forget it...

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’ve toyed around with the idea of trying to balance the two banks/sides of the exhaust better with an extra x or h pipe, maybe even resonators added. Quiter exhaust with more raw turbo noise from the motor was my idea.

The tone seems to stay the same with this truck no matter what exhaust you use it just gets louder from what I’ve heard.

“That’s a really nice, fast, funky sounding truck”

Someone said that to me not even a week after I bought it at a light and I can’t forget it...

We subscribed to that logic sort of with our kit. We internalized our crossover pipe inside of the muffler to give better balance.

Are there louder systems available? Sure. We wanted a nice deep tone (as deep as possible on a 3.5).

I daily drive my truck with our 3.0" kit in BLK. I can talk on my cell phone at any speed via bluetooth just like factory.

Shown here on mine with our Carbon Fiber tips but it comes with our standard BLK tips out of the box.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
We subscribed to that logic sort of with our kit. We internalized our crossover pipe inside of the muffler to give better balance.

Are there louder systems available? Sure. We wanted a nice deep tone (as deep as possible on a 3.5).

I daily drive my truck with our 3.0" kit in BLK. I can talk on my cell phone at any speed via bluetooth just like factory.

Shown here on mine with our Carbon Fiber tips but it comes with our standard BLK tips out of the box.

Right, but people already noted that your exhaust work did not fix the problem sound. Your two choices to fix the sound are to make it whisper quiet (much like a dynomax muffler can do), or you can make the tone deep with high pitch cancellation (Flowmaster 50 series). Borla has gone the polyphonic route..... much like tuning an organ. They have incorporated different pipes and lengths to tune the sound.

There is MUCH more R&D that needs done to make an acceptable ecoboost sound.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So says Sasquatch 77

Right, but people already noted that your exhaust work did not fix the problem sound. Your two choices to fix the sound are to make it whisper quiet (much like a dynomax muffler can do), or you can make the tone deep with high pitch cancellation (Flowmaster 50 series). Borla has gone the polyphonic route..... much like tuning an organ. They have incorporated different pipes and lengths to tune the sound.

There is MUCH more R&D that needs done to make an acceptable ecoboost sound.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of Jennay's pipes- a blue one was sitting across the intersection from me waiting to turn right, and I was waiting to turn left. Traffic cleared for me as she was turning, so I ended up right behind her. I noticed she pisssed out a LOT of water from the left tailpipe during the right turn. About 500' later she turned left and a LOT of water pissed out the right tailpipe during the turn. I know water vapor is part of the combustion process, but it seemed like an excessive amount compared to any other vehicle I've seen. It was cold out, so maybe the guy was beating on her before she was warmed up, generating a crap ton of water. It just seemed really odd how much came pouring out of the pipes, and how it only came from the one on the outside of the turn as well.