TCM update - Questions with tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went back to stock prior to bringing my 17 in and they found the TCM update and did it. Do I need to contact MPT to have their tune updated now? Or am I safe to flash back to the PRX?

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You likely don't need an update to the tune. Do you have the new TCM software number? It should be on the work order, along with the update code assigned.

OP
OP
Gregger

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You likely don't need an update to the tune. Do you have the new TCM software number? It should be on the work order, along with the update code assigned.

I've got Operation #: 182079A (I think that's the TSB maybe)

Otherwise my paperwork doesn't have software # that I can see.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the tsb. It is for 2017 only. You may indeed need an update to your MPT file, but only if it won’t load to your truck. Give it a try and see.

Attachments

• TSB 18-2079.pdf
    290.4 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
Gregger

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the tsb. It is for 2017 only. You may indeed need an update to your MPT file, but only if it won’t load to your truck. Give it a try and see.

Will it just fail or is there a chance it’ll cause a problem?

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will it just fail or is there a chance it’ll cause a problem?

If the old file is incompatible, it will just fail to load and tell you so. If it loads it should work just fine with no problems. It certainly won't cause any more damage than the original Ford file for sure. As the TSB says, you should drive it a while to let it settle down with your vehicle. MPT used their original tune file for my 2018 trans (AFAIK) and it works just fine. I had specific change I wanted in the engine tune, so mine has slightly different throttle ramping. I have the HPTuners software now, but it wouldn't recognize my truck with the MPT tune on it. I'll try again with it back to stock one day. Some day I'll have it "all figured out". LOL well, maybe...