Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]

Switzer Performance For GEN2 Raptor

This is a discussion on Switzer Performance For GEN2 Raptor within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by CUSTOMWHEELS4U That must be why. My customer said he reached out to Full Race as well but ...

User Tag List

Like Tree130Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #121 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by CUSTOMWHEELS4U View Post
That must be why. My customer said he reached out to Full Race as well but they have apparently ran into some issues with their big turbo upgrade and the boost cranked up. There must be certain power level threshold where they start to run into issues. I'd be interested to see if meth would push it over the top.
it's still very early in terms of big turbo upgrades, but I will say unequivocally we are making real progress and haven't blown a motor yet. Safe tunes with conservative ignition timing and boost levels make sure cylinder pressure is not sky high. FYI we are staying in the 19-24psi boost range.

There are a few early adopters running around with big turbo raptors and various configuration turbos. We have a few projects currently for stock motors, mildly built, and fully built. That's not to say oem engines are bullet proof, more aggressive tuning could crack a piston/ringland. but so far we've not had an issue

Originally Posted by Ocean18 View Post
I'm going to be really disappointed if the stock V6TT is already "maxed" from the factory.
no need for disappointment, we've just begun to scratch the surface. However just like any other serious platform, forged rods, forged pistons, cams, valve springs and fuel pumps will be needed to make serious power.

Originally Posted by Truckzor View Post
Well that's disappointing. So what else can be done after a tune, intercooler, and downpipes? Meth? Anybody added it to a Gen 2 yet?
turbo upgrade really is the next logical step. there are many different size rotors, housings and wastegate configurations which complicate matters but that's the most interesting part of our work
Micha likes this.

full-race geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:00 PM   #122 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by full-race geoff View Post
it's still very early in terms of big turbo upgrades, but I will say unequivocally we are making real progress and haven't blown a motor yet. Safe tunes with conservative ignition timing and boost levels make sure cylinder pressure is not sky high. FYI we are staying in the 19-24psi boost range.
I believe you guys told my customer his goals were not achievable with a stock bottom end and that he'd have issues at the desired power level. Then again I think he was at loss seeing as his GTR makes good power on a stock bottom end. But, not all twin turbo V6's are created equal. It's nice to see you guys are making progress with the HO Ecoboost platform.

CUSTOMWHEELS4U is offline   Reply With Quote