Switzer Performance For GEN2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s incredible power.

The only thing that would be nice is if the low RPM range didn’t take a power loss. That powerband is a little bit too heavy for a big heavy truck, but I bet they can improve it some with further tuning.

Once you mash into the peddle and it starts pulling some RPMs though the thing must be unreal!

Can’t wait to see quarter mile numbers. 11’s me thinks.

"I was easing into the the throttle on these pulls so it wasnt getting on the converter right away. Remember this is an Auto being dyno'd. Trough a portion of the curve you will see the result of slip until the converter locks. On a couple pulls where i nailed it and it actually hooked on the roller, it was only about 200rpm behind stock. When I drive it, I don't notice much difference now vs stock turbos .... however... I will admit Im probably callous to it a bit at this point. With the 10 speed you don't spend any time in that part of the power band in question anyway. Thats why I targeted the powerband that I did. I'll try to get some in truck vids and we can see how it drives."

"I haven't noticed any perceptible loss of low end grunt in the truck on the road. We will see how it goes. The reality however is we weren't concerned with being all things... because we are limited on fuel quality we wanted to get to our targets efficiently. Giving up 2-300 rpm worth of response was more then acceptable to us for the midrange gains."

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta say... I love everything Switzer performance is saying and doing. First off unlike many ecoboost tuners they realize that this truck(as great as it is) has a terrible intercooler and heatsoaks very easily. I believe they stated that this truck is good for around 400whp without heatsoaking. Based off my personal experience this sounds about right to me. This truck can make 450whp on a dyno but thats completely irrelevant if it cant get through one hard pull through the gears without heatsoaking and completely falling on its face. They could easily make big power on the dyno(in perfect conditions) and sell it. Instead they call it as it is. Second... they dont tune the vehicle to give you a monster torque curve and power in an unusable rpm range. This truck has 10 gears so if the truck makes all its power at say 4-4500 rpm then yet again its irrelevant when this truck stays in the 5-6k rpm range under hard acceleration. Most ecoboost tuners give you a huge "seat of the pants" feel. I dont wanna feel fast i wanna be fast. From what im reading on Switzer performance they understand that.

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

1. Yes i understand the pros of low end power for the daily driving application. Just talking strictly straight line performance.

2. Yes i understand this is an offroad vehicle and not a race car. And yes i use mine offroad on a daily basis. You can never have to much HP. Just give it less throttle.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give them time to sort out their testing and their package. Switzer spends a lot of time testing and ensuring that anything they bring to the masses is going to be reliable power.

They’re quiet because they don’t have anything new to say right now.

these guys have been really quiet. Not replying on facebook either

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think something happened to their motor. This is pure speculation by the way and surfing this forum.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if they haven’t.

Let’s assume their R&D is extensive and when they have a kit that works or solid reasons for why it doesn’t.... then they’ll share.

They haven’t released anything. Their R&D is extensive.

Even if their motor was blown... so what? They are pushing limits and trying to find what works. It’s not like they sold a bum kit to the masses

They had a spare already purchased so if something did I would have sssumed they would have posted about the stock limits

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even if their motor was blown... so what? They are pushing limits and trying to find what works. It’s not like they sold a bum kit to the masses

Completely agree. Finding the limits/weak spots is exactly what needs to happen before bringing a big turbo kit to market.