GEN 2 SW downpipes install with cats and tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So everything is installed, there were no issues with install of downpipes. The system is perfectly constructed and fits correctly.

Tune obviously goes right on no issues plug and play.

Started the vehicle no check engine lights or anything, tune from 5 star did what it said.

Initial impression, sound is slightly and I mean slightly louder barely noticeable which, is exactly what I wanted.

Did a few launches and the downpipes and tune compared to just tune is night and day. The lower end power is there quicker. I will be hitting the dyno next week for numbers.

Noise inside cab

Took a reading on my tune only truck stock wheels and tires at 65 mph average at 82.2 dB with downpipes same speed 82.7 dB.

It sounds alittle louder under full throttle

Size wise the SW is a full 3" back while the factory measure I took was a little over 2.5.

I will report back with numbers.

See attached pic of stock downpipes.

Chris @ Freedom Motorsports got these to me quickly even though SW said there was a back order and the best price I've seen.

5f03c1364e7157e1322b83cd11d6b1d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to delay more 5 star has to send me a file for ACC, they didn't know my truck had it. Will likely be next week.

Sorry typo

Last edited:

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to delay more 5 star has to send me a file for ADD, they didn't know my truck had it. Will likely be next week.

You have attention deficit disorder or your truck?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol sorry typo ACC

What does that have to do with anything? I ask because I have the same tune and also have adaptive cruise.... I never told them anything and I have no problems?