SVC Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe any intercooler will fit with lights behind the grill. The intercoolers alone barely fit.

Time to upgrade to some baja designs!

Some xl80s on the a pillars or buy the svc bumper and run a bar on it. They can make their bumper fit any lights.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this will fit with the M&R dual light bar bracket that goes in the front grill thanks. I would like to keep my light bars.

no way in hell anything but the intercooler fits behind the grill.

The install of the IC is just as straightforward as any of the others.

The only difference in what you need to cut out of the grill shell is you'll make an extra notch in the DS so the BOV has clearance.

I went super slow on my install. it took me 3 hrs to install the IC and Baja Frame cut bumper.

I'm going to make a mount to put 5 XL80s on the bumper today or tomorrow.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to write this up!

Can’t wait to see the cerakote version and a great company to do business with[emoji4]

I have HPTUNERS for my corvette will the tune be done on that platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hp tuners is the best available option sadly. Cobb and ecutek are in development and are vastly superior but it's a waiting game right now.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hp tuners is the best available option sadly. Cobb and ecutek are in development and are vastly superior but it's a waiting game right now.

Had Kozmic out of Houston, TX, tune my wifes BMW 135i with Cobb and it was a beast. Was going to use Linney with my GT-R with Ecu-Tek but preferred the ease of Cobb so I switched. I was hoping since Cobb tunes a lot of Ford EB motors, it would have by now, transferred this into a working stage 1/2 set up. interested to see how your truck progresses.

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why is HPT sad and what, specifically, makes cobb and ecutek "vastly superior?"

I shouldn't have said hpt is sad. It's the ngauge that's terrible.

But hpt doesn't have full access like Cobb and ecutek do. Or the ability to program externals. Like using a flex fuel sensor and adjusting boost, afr and ignition automatically in real time based on ethanol content.

Full control over abs or traction control settings.

The ability to load multiple tunes straight from the dash. Similar to how the drive modes are selected. Ecutek let's you hold down the cruise control button and select through 4 seperate maps without plugging anything in.

Di/PI timing and ratio control.

Lots of things. Hpt is a little old school and the nguage is something honda kids were using 15 years ago.

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shouldn't have said hpt is sad. It's the ngauge that's terrible.

But hpt doesn't have full access like Cobb and ecutek do. Or the ability to program externals. Like using a flex fuel sensor and adjusting boost, afr and ignition automatically in real time based on ethanol content.

Full control over abs or traction control settings.

The ability to load multiple tunes straight from the dash. Similar to how the drive modes are selected. Ecutek let's you hold down the cruise control button and select through 4 seperate maps without plugging anything in.

Di/PI timing and ratio control.

Lots of things. Hpt is a little old school and the nguage is something honda kids were using 15 years ago.

HPT does have injection timing control and ratio control for DI and PI.

HPT can program for ethanol (in Fords they are missing a sliding stoich table) spark lead adjustments, boost limits, etc. Without the sliding stoich table having the other flex tables doesn't really matter since you need to manually flash another file with a corresponding stoich value, but yes you are right, they don't have full flex capability for the ecoboost like they do for GM stuff (which is where they started) yet.

HPT does not allow access to the BCM or other modules due to legality/liability concerns, that is true. Not sure what I would do with ABS though, I like it.....I have never had an issue with this having tuned hundreds of vehicles.....?

So really, HPT needs to add a sliding stoich table on EcoBoost calibrations that will enable the use of all the other flex tables that are already there. The NGauge is what they chose to allow multiple tunes, I don't use one so I don't know if they are good or not....sounds like you don't like it, which is cool.

I just got the Gas Monkey Pantera traded in at my store with an SCT tune and it would not idle or run and was very rich, fouling plugs, etc. I don't know why it was like that, it couldn't have been like that at Gas Monkey..... I pulled the tune with HPT, made some adjustments, flashed it back on with HPT and now it runs perfectly. I use HPT on my 18 Raptor without any limitations (except flex fuel, I think multiple tunes are old school, ironically enough) and also my 17 Z06, and any other Ford, GM, Dodge, or last gen AMG someone wants me to tune.

Functionally speaking for creating well made tunes, HPT works wonderfully and I also like the interface and ability to set up the Scanner, etc compared to Cobb (which I have used on Subarus) and SCT or EFILive, I hate using all of those. I haven't tried ECUTek before, I just haven't needed it for what I do.

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HPT does have injection timing control and ratio control for DI and PI.

HPT can program for ethanol (in Fords they are missing a sliding stoich table) spark lead adjustments, boost limits, etc. Without the sliding stoich table having the other flex tables doesn't really matter since you need to manually flash another file with a corresponding stoich value, but yes you are right, they don't have full flex capability for the ecoboost like they do for GM stuff (which is where they started) yet.

HPT does not allow access to the BCM or other modules due to legality/liability concerns, that is true. Not sure what I would do with ABS though, I like it.....I have never had an issue with this having tuned hundreds of vehicles.....?

So really, HPT needs to add a sliding stoich table on EcoBoost calibrations that will enable the use of all the other flex tables that are already there. The NGauge is what they chose to allow multiple tunes, I don't use one so I don't know if they are good or not....sounds like you don't like it, which is cool.

I just got the Gas Monkey Pantera traded in at my store with an SCT tune and it would not idle or run and was very rich, fouling plugs, etc. I don't know why it was like that, it couldn't have been like that at Gas Monkey..... I pulled the tune with HPT, made some adjustments, flashed it back on with HPT and now it runs perfectly. I use HPT on my 18 Raptor without any limitations (except flex fuel, I think multiple tunes are old school, ironically enough) and also my 17 Z06, and any other Ford, GM, Dodge, or last gen AMG someone wants me to tune.

Functionally speaking for creating well made tunes, HPT works wonderfully and I also like the interface and ability to set up the Scanner, etc compared to Cobb (which I have used on Subarus) and SCT or EFILive, I hate using all of those. I haven't tried ECUTek before, I just haven't needed it for what I do.

I very much agree multiple tunes is a gimmick. I do use it on ecutek though. Mainly to have a wastegate map, high boost map and 2 boost per mph maps. One with tc/abs adjustments and one without any. I also use antilag, launch control and flat foot shifting on that car so having presets is nice.

I wish I could remove stability control from sport drive mode and use the baja mode abs settings in other modes.

I'm more so excited about the tuners that having Cobb will bring over than it's software. I'm very excited about ecutek though. I'm a huge flex fuel supporter. I watched a subaru brz go from 300whp(93 octane) to 650whp as we poured in e85.

The nguage is a joke. It's datalogging is terrible. It's buggy. It lags. And I think it's almost double the price of a Cobb accesport.