GEN 2 Sudden acceleration issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've been loving this new Raptor but today I hit my first weird issue.

I had backed into a parking spot in a parking garage when I decided to change spots. I put the truck in drive and when I took my foot off the break the truck surged forward without me hitting the gas. I immediately put the truck in neutral and shut it off. Upon turning it on the traction system had fault messages as did the collision system and the truck would not shift into reverse.

I slowly drove into another parking spot where I shut it off for a few minutes. Upon restarting the fault messages were gone and all is well again.

I'll try to pull codes from Forscan tonight and maybe uninstall the pedal commander and see if it happens again. Other than pedal commander I don't have any performance/engine mods (or weep holes)

Anyone else see this sort of issue by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had anything like this happen on my truck. 800'ish miles, all stock.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some can flame if they want, but I had surge when I first got my truck. It happened a few times in a parking garage within a minute after start and just creeping around towards exit. Wasn't as bad as yours, I mean no fault lights. I had no mods at the time, but it seemed to rectify itself after I started using 91 gas. So I asked dealer about the first tank and the said they put 87. I just attributed it to whatever they used in that first tank.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'm interested to see if you can figure out what caused this

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some can flame if they want, but I had surge when I first got my truck. It happened a few times in a parking garage within a minute after start and just creeping around towards exit. Wasn't as bad as yours, I mean no fault lights. I had no mods at the time, but it seemed to rectify itself after I started using 91 gas. So I asked dealer about the first tank and the said they put 87. I just attributed it to whatever they used in that first tank.

1200 miles on mine with 87 octane.....no issue's.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a small surge only when cold.

I park about 75' from the corner stop sign. When I start off in the morning, I give it a little gas to get moving knowing I have to stop in a couple truck lengths. After I take my foot off the gas, it wants to keep accelerating, but just a little bit, not like I'm flooring it. I hit the brakes to turn and that is all. Never repeats on subsequent drives, just that first cold movement in the morning.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've been loving this new Raptor but today I hit my first weird issue.

I had backed into a parking spot in a parking garage when I decided to change spots. I put the truck in drive and when I took my foot off the break the truck surged forward without me hitting the gas. I immediately put the truck in neutral and shut it off. Upon turning it on the traction system had fault messages as did the collision system and the truck would not shift into reverse.

I slowly drove into another parking spot where I shut it off for a few minutes. Upon restarting the fault messages were gone and all is well again.

I'll try to pull codes from Forscan tonight and maybe uninstall the pedal commander and see if it happens again. Other than pedal commander I don't have any performance/engine mods (or weep holes)

Anyone else see this sort of issue by chance?

Get videos next time

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen this behavior on my truck. Are you saying it surged once you were fully off the brake or as you were letting off? Maybe PC over amplified the throttle signal?

OP
OP
K1llD4shN1n3

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen this behavior on my truck. Are you saying it surged once you were fully off the brake or as you were letting off? Maybe PC over amplified the throttle signal?

As I let off the break. With out any debugging equipment hooked up or logs I could only guess what happened. I didn't have time to hook up forscan tonight. Maybe tomorrow I will.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel like it has a high idle on startup. If I put it in drive too quickly, it does take off a bit.