SPD Performance Exh Adapters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys don't spend money on these for extra power without a tune, the Gen 2 HO engine is entirely controlled by an EBC now. Little changes in the intake and exhaust do next to nothing on engines like this because as soon as the engine satisfies peak boost, the wastegate opens and begins attenuating power. The little wastegate is tiny next to the size of your exhaust housing and there is not going to be a significant restriction there, and you've got cats just downstream.

Bottom line with an EBC, the tune is CRITICAL for making any extra power, and once you've raised boost then you should worry about other bottlenecks. If there even are any at that raised boost level.

The other thing is that these will be a PITA to install. It's one thing to slap on a different catback and enjoy the sound change on a factory tune, but these will a lot of work and offer literally no benefits. I've been through this in the AMG world when they made the move to EBC-controlled twin turbo everything.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engines are air pumps - more you move, more power can be made

This is true of the engine in its simple form but things aren't so simple any longer. It's all about the tune these days.

Now if you've uncorked the air intake and the air output and tweaked the tune to account fir all of that additional air movement then yes, your air pump will flow better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is true of the engine in its simple form but things aren't so simple any longer. It's all about the tune these days.

Now if you've uncorked the air intake and the air output and tweaked the tune to account fir all of that additional air movement then yes, your air pump will flow better.

bigger pump = potential for more power; hence all the GEN1 guys talk about 6.2L

slap a twin turbo on that and even bigger air pump :)

Last edited:

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bigger pump = potential for more power; hence all the GEN1 guys talk about 6.2L

slap a twin turbo on that and even bigger air pump :)

I'm at a loss as to your point?

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This just in from FB.

24RWHP/43RWTQ gains with the flanges and 91 octane. Everything else 100% stock.

Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_7032.jpg
    IMG_7032.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 156