SPD Catted Downpipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience on SPD Catted downpipe? I saw on instagram that they said the catted were designed not to throw a cel. Intersted to hear about that, if anyone has experience.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience on SPD Catted downpipe? I saw on instagram that they said the catted were designed not to throw a cel. Intersted to hear about that, if anyone has experience.

The catted versions of these pipes are just now starting to ship and we're waiting for them to be delivered to some of our customers.

SPD uses 400 cell cats from Magnaflow. By using the 400 cell cats, the cat actually has enough material to be useful while still outflowing the stock system.

SPD will build downpipes with 200 cell cats (similar to Stainless Works), but you will have to do something to correct the inevitable CEL.

Hope this helps clear some things up!

OP
OP
Skyline

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Will probably be ordering a set of spd catted downpipes and adapters here soon. Debating that vs s type exhaust first.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Will probably be ordering a set of spd catted downpipes and adapters here soon. Debating that vs s type exhaust first.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You're welcome! Hope you found the info helpful!

Pleas let me know if we can help with either the SPD Downpipes or the Borla S-Type setup. We carry both lines!

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone install these yet? If so, how was the install and did you do the SPD turbo adapters as well? I already did the SPD turbo adapters and am contemplating doing downpipes.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone install these yet? If so, how was the install and did you do the SPD turbo adapters as well? I already did the SPD turbo adapters and am contemplating doing downpipes.

I’ve had em for a couple hundred miles. No CELs yet. Install was pretty straightforward. They put alsomw sort of painted finish on them. I had to sand down the finished where the pipes connect because they wouldn’t slide inside each other. It’s because the finish it gritty. I’m not a huge fan of the supplied clamps but they seem to be working fine. These are just little details. Overall I’m really liking the pipes.

I did the SPD adapters at the same time. To me it makes no sense to do downpipes without them.

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any further opinions on the SPT catted down pipes? Sound or Performance?
Are you running the stock exhaust or aftermarket?
Thank you.
I have been thinking about these

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why 400 cell cats? They should be 300 minimum, IMO. 400 doesnt flow THAT much more than stock cats i'd think. I normally run 200 cell high flows with no tune or CELs, unless the Raptor is more sensitive?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why 400 cell cats? They should be 300 minimum, IMO. 400 doesnt flow THAT much more than stock cats i'd think. I normally run 200 cell high flows with no tune or CELs, unless the Raptor is more sensitive?

The Raptor is more sensitive to throwing a CEL. Stainless Works downpipes use 200 cell cats and will throw a CEL. However, O2 extenders will usually fix the issue and can be had on Amazon.

Additionally, SPD will make the catted downpipes with 200 cell cats upon request.