SP542 Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^This makes me laugh cause its so true, but I do feel better after accomplishing each of those tasks!

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would be be better based on some of the issues others have reported with stock plugs (stuttering), but I don't think it is as critical as if it were tuned.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the SP542's in for a little over a week and to me the most noticeable thing is the rough idle is totally gone now. No stuttering when you first put it into drive and you've still got your foot on the brake. Super smooth now. It's definitely a little quicker 0-60 because the Ngauge has me down from 4.85 to 4.32 so there's that too :) The idle thing is very noticeable.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same thing!

4.7 to 4.27

I've had the SP542's in for a little over a week and to me the most noticeable thing is the rough idle is totally gone now. No stuttering when you first put it into drive and you've still got your foot on the brake. Super smooth now. It's definitely a little quicker 0-60 because the Ngauge has me down from 4.85 to 4.32 so there's that too :) The idle thing is very noticeable.

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ordered some. on my father's 17 he keeps complaining of a rattling/pinging on certain circumstances like usually low rpm hills and things like that. maybe these will help with that.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ordered some. on my father's 17 he keeps complaining of a rattling/pinging on certain circumstances like usually low rpm hills and things like that. maybe these will help with that.

what does he run for fuel?