GEN 2 some talk about the Tomahawk (Whipple) tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some details in this article around the Tomahawk tuner by Whipple...

https://www.lethalperformance.com/2018-mustang-gt-whipple-supercharger.html

you guys with the kit - what's your take?
:win:

The great thing about the Tomahawk tuner is that I confirmed with Whipple that it can change the tire and axle size on the programmer itself. No other tune can do that currently I believe. It will work nice when I put my 37s on in a couple weeks. I don't know if it specifically changes the trans shifting, but it will at least correct the speedo.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some details in this article around the Tomahawk tuner by Whipple...

https://www.lethalperformance.com/2018-mustang-gt-whipple-supercharger.html

you guys with the kit - what's your take?

:win:

Initially the Tomahawk was quite generic. You could monitor some preselected parameters and even build up a custom set. There were options to do a few other things. When you get the .apl file back from Whipple it will reflash the Tomahawk and the functions completely change. The other file you will drop onto that SD card is a .bin file which the Tomahawk is now programmed to unzip and flash to the ECU.

The new menus are straight forward, can still read and clear codes, correct tire size and the cool part, download all data to a .csv file. Quite useful for researching later.

The intercooler is VERY effective. With an OAT of 60* intake temps on a long full power run dropped from 91* tooling around to 72* once the vehicle was moving. 530ish HP pumping heat into that intercooler and its dropping the outlet to within 11* of ambient!

I do not see a prevision to flash back to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The great thing about the Tomahawk tuner is that I confirmed with Whipple that it can change the tire and axle size on the programmer itself. No other tune can do that currently I believe. It will work nice when I put my 37s on in a couple weeks. I don't know if it specifically changes the trans shifting, but it will at least correct the speedo.

Wrong.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mWnuQZlDTUGjKjmJje1QJIR8Z2c7Kf8KBZxKnw_8EqU/htmlview#gid=0

You can also do this with HPT, it is supported in the current version of VCM.

For someone who has tuned 100s of vehicles, you don’t seem to know shit.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha okay snowflake, clam your ****.

Snowflake is the best you can come up with? Such ******* these days with these weak ass names. What next, are you going to call me a raindrop?

You tried to call me out because your reading comprehension is that of an 8 month old baby. Next time put on your reading glasses and don't be a *******