GEN 2 so - anyone figure out how Baja mode works yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spent all day in Baja mode, TC off, and AdvanceTrac off. To me, it was by far the best combo I've ever run in a Raptor. It does keep the rpms WAY high, but after I got used to that it was amazing. Here's the vid we made:

That's a sick vid! Love the look on your kid's face when you get on it hard. And you almost smoked that GoPro when it was on the ground eh? Nice.

It's been raining a ton here lately. Whenever I get out on the sand like that it's super wet and traction sucks for going fast. I'll try it out some of when it dries up.

JonasAtLethal

Reaction score
That's a sick vid! Love the look on your kid's face when you get on it hard. And you almost smoked that GoPro when it was on the ground eh? Nice.

It's been raining a ton here lately. Whenever I get out on the sand like that it's super wet and traction sucks for going fast. I'll try it out some of when it dries up.

LOL, yeah he was loving that shit, that's actually my buddy's kid. NOTE: Don't ask me to babysit! LMAO

MRxGREEN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, this is the best off road vid I have seen for the Gen 2. Looks fun as hell. Cannot wait for mine to arrive.

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kickass video Jonas!
I noticed the headlights flickering, is it the picture or do the trucks do this in BAJA mode?

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kickass video Jonas!
I noticed the headlights flickering, is it the picture or do the trucks do this in BAJA mode?
All LED lights do this in videos. It's caused by the pulse modulation of the LEDs being a different rate than the frame rate of the video. All LED lights flicker, it just happens so quickly that the human eye can't see it.

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation crash. The internet has taught me something new today.