GEN 2 Slight shudder when slowing down to idle with ac on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing a shudder at idle when ac is on. Almost like it needs to be idled up just a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mud in your fan? i went through a mud puddle a bit deep and too fast. my truck shook a lot when my fan was on. just a thought.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Of course, the mentally unstable user formerly known as sasquatch77 wants everyone to believe that Ford, the Raptor and ecoboost suffers from every malady known and is in fact, possessed by Satan.

It’s wrong, of course and the vast majority of users are fine. In fact, it doesn’t own a Raptor, Gen 2 or otherwise. This used to be an easy fix with the IAC valve, which was a notoriously, frequently failing part ages ago, but now it’s pretty much all computer driven. This issue is rare but does happen. take it into the dealer and at least get it documented. A few people have documented rpm drop with the AC on, which shouldn’t be happening noticeably.

Take it in and get the dealer to acknowledge the issue. they should be able to program it out, or maybe there is a mechanical issue.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Of course, the mentally unstable user formerly known as sasquatch77 wants everyone to believe that Ford, the Raptor and ecoboost suffers from every malady known and is in fact, possessed by Satan.

It’s wrong, of course and the vast majority of users are fine. In fact, it doesn’t own a Raptor, Gen 2 or otherwise. This used to be an easy fix with the IAC valve, which was a notoriously, frequently failing part ages ago, but now it’s pretty much all computer driven. This issue is rare but does happen. take it into the dealer and at least get it documented. A few people have documented rpm drop with the AC on, which shouldn’t be happening noticeably.

Take it in and get the dealer to acknowledge the issue. they should be able to program it out, or maybe there is a mechanical issue.

Again, not sure what you are referring to with my identity. You, my friend, need to get a grip. You are driving yourself nuts.

If you look around here, it seems that there are many complaints about the poor idle. Nobody has been able to fix it from what I can find.

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With AC on my 2018 shudder's when I accelerate. As soon as I turn it off it will accelerate normally. I feel something slowing down but it's not nearly as noticeable. I'm still running on the 87 gas the dealer put in for me so I was hoping it was this. Once I put in 93 I'll report back.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 has a rough idle as well. It seems like a slight stutter...smooths out, then stutters again. Not too big a deal, but not something you'd expect on a 2018. I'm running 93 octane. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the transition between direct and port injection. Great engine though, really.

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12k on a 17 since February - get the shudder at the first couple of full stops after a cold start. In Texas so AC pretty much always on. Always use 93 but for the two weeks after Harvey had to go with 87 due to the gas "shortage". Temp & humidity were also much lower than average (still AC worthy though). Shudder was noticeably less or nonexistent. Back to 93 and hot/humid and welcome back shudder.

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seems to have settled down. I still feel it but it's definitely not as noticeable. I now have over 500 miles with a full tank of 93. I don't know, It might be the computer making adjustments.

I will say the transmission in sport mode is just stupid. I'll search the forums, i'm sure there is a thread about this already.