Roush Intake hot off the press

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John how does it sound? Any increase in that at all? Glad to hear there is some power to be had there. Back in my Lightning and Cobra days, intake, Throttle body, exhaust and pulley was the trick on those FI motors.

I'm not mechanically inclined so .. I can hear the hiss more and does seem to have a more aggressive sound.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed mine today. It went pretty well. It sounds a little better and it seems to get up and go a little better but it's hard to tell with the pedal commander. It took me maybe 2 hours to install. I was going to order directly from Roush but I found a coupon code for CJ pony parts on line and saved a couple bucks.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine should be here today, took air silencer rings out a few days ago, a little more intake noise noticed on heavy throttle with that alone.

Also did the vent to atmosphere 5 min mod on the stock blow off valve, liking the 'wooosh' sound!

OP
OP
solarwinds

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine should be here today, took air silencer rings out a few days ago, a little more intake noise noticed on heavy throttle with that alone.

Also did the vent to atmosphere 5 min mod on the stock blow off valve, liking the 'wooosh' sound!
roush instruction will have a big NOTE to not remove those air rings. just info. i dont think they are silencer rings. they actually vortex the air like a tornado. i not a ford engineer but who knows. all mods are possible in any combination

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roush instruction will have a big NOTE to not remove those air rings. just info. i dont think they are silencer rings. they actually vortex the air like a tornado. i not a ford engineer but who knows. all mods are possible in any combination

yeah, i saw that in the earlier posts. I've seen multiple other places that say to just 'remove them' with any type of CAI install. They always seem to refer to them as a 'silencer' or something of the likes. My guess is it might be necessary for their CARB rating or the likes.

I remember the old school As Seen On TV Intake TORNADOs to produce TONS OF HP and fuel efficiency,LOL.

maybe there's something to it, thanks for the heads up though.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
These are noise reducers from the factory to lower NVH. If you remove them, it causes no problem and provides a slightly more audible whistle.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
install was a breeze, as expected. Not sure if any HP/TQ improvements. But the Improved sound is definately there. A nice improvement to a "Growl-ish" and turbo spool noise. Tried to take a video of before/ after, did not turn out well with the sound quality.

If $400 is worth it for you for increased cool factor/ noise. I'd say its working so far. I did not order it with expectations of any increase in power. I'll update later after i get a few week, so more miles with it on.

side note: Surprised that Roush makes you go download and print out your own install manual, that you need a page to cut a template and drill 2 holes for the accessory bracket to remount vacuum lines with. Guess they're saving a few bucks by making us do some of the leg work.

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would adding this intercooler or any aftermarket intercooler void the manufacturers warranty on the engine or any other factory parts?

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would adding this intercooler or any aftermarket intercooler void the manufacturers warranty on the engine or any other factory parts?

They have to prove that part caused your failure they simply can't see aftermarket and say void. Not that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk