Roush announced their 2018 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not much. 545bhp.

It's a tune and some bolt ons.

And they auctioned a one off specialty vehicle that will most likely be displayed more than it's driven.

That's totally different than adding bigger turbos and pushing 550whp.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roush staying away from the engine and transmission on the Raptor could mean any number of things... from "this thing is already on the edge and we don't want to tip it over" to "we don't have the expertise to tune this engine/transmission" to "Ford Performance is going to release a line of performance upgrades for this truck, and we don't want to step on them"... or any number of other things.

A buddy of mine worked for Ford Performance until about a year ago, and hearing some of the info that he had to offer (remember the old Paul Harvey segment "The Rest of the Story"?), it wouldn't surprise me a bit to learn that there's more to the story of why the Roush Raptor is what it is (and isn't).

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somehow with all cars that Roush has tuned over the years, I find it extremely hard to believe they are scarred of the EcoBoost. Roush did an appearance package on the 5.0 F150 before they released the supercharger version. You can still buy both versions of the 5.0 F150.

If anything, both Roush and Ford Performance have been notorious for taking their time to release new parts and upgrades.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Roush works WITH Ford - they don't operate on their own in a vacuum. That means they have to coordinate things with Ford and follow a plan for development and product introductions.

Give this time and we'll see what they (both) offer

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Roush is not going to waste time and effort for a short run engine. They have their focus on the next engine for the Raptor.