Replacing the exhaust - what do you do with the old one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BudTX

Reaction score
I'm going with a Borla S-type cat back exhaust. For those who have replaced their stock exhausts, what did you do with the old one? Mine will have under 1k miles when I swap it out.

PyroRaptor413

Reaction score
I'm going with a Borla S-type cat back exhaust. For those who have replaced their stock exhausts, what did you do with the old one? Mine will have under 1k miles when I swap it out.

Threw it in the basement, just in case the next owner feels my Ford Performance/Borla sport exhaust is too loud and wants to reduce it back to stock.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are MEAN!!!:ROFLJest:
You just hurt that poor guy's feeling! :ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest::biggrin:

haha that wasnt my intention. its the same with everything you mod on your truck. while its yours you make it like your brain likes it.

when its someone elses, the mods 95% of the time hurt your value not help it.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I replaced mine at 60k miles, I couldn't slip it out. Was rusted to. So I tossed it in the scrap metal pile due to cutting it off.

*shrug*

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I used to cut them up for recycle. Then I tried to make a Toyota V6 sound better. Three systems later I was scouring craig's list for a used stock exhaust. Keep it.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Keep it. When you go to sell or trade throw the stock back on and make some money back from the aftermarket system.