Recommendations please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to do 3 tunes to my 17 SCREW...
1) exhaust,
2) air filter (I hear CAI’s are a waste),
3) tune.

With so much info out there I get lost. What do y’all recommend? Oh, and what fuel is recommended with the tune (> 90 octane or E85)?

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked that question lots. I got many conflicting answers but the most consistent reply was MPT. I have the mpt tune and it’s working great. Get the tune that works with the highest octane you can always find.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I havent heard an exuast that i think is "better". It is kind of objective.

I'm simply running a green filter reusable instead of paper.

As for Tunes, MPT seems to be the best, but I had lots of issues with adaptive cruise. I finally just removed it. If you don't have adaptive cruise, MPT is probably the way to go.

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
I want to do 3 tunes to my 17 SCREW...
1) exhaust,
2) air filter (I hear CAI’s are a waste),
3) tune.

With so much info out there I get lost. What do y’all recommend? Oh, and what fuel is recommended with the tune (> 90 octane or E85)?

You can't run E85

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am doing MPT with a FullRace IC, SPD Turbo Adapters and a slightly louder muffler replacement (Just for the growl effect, not trying to make it sound like a V8). After reading many posts about how little the CAI adds and the possibility of CELs with catted down pipes and resonator deletes, I decided against them.

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
SPD Turbo Adapters and a slightly louder muffler replacement (Just for the growl effect.

You won't get growl with that - it will amplify the already high pitchof the exhaust. Jesse@MBRP has the street sleeper system for the ecoboost that cancels out the high pitch wine that others mufflers can't do (since they were not designed for the ecoboost specifically).
Great example:
https://youtu.be/KfXmg3YsCDM

Last edited: