Rear diff leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I slept on it.

I took a socket, as someone above suggested and banged it onto the end of the EZ out. I then added a boatload of heat to everything. BUT the socket...and chucked the socket via extension up to an impact gun and I spun that bad boy right of there!

Ez out and bolt are free... and the new diff cover looks great.

To Sasquatch77. Nope... I don’t regret not going to the dealership.

Last edited:

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know it brings up an interesting topic though....

Sure my truck is covered under some warranty. I don’t really worry about that though.

Part of the joy in owning a truck like a Raptor is doing your own work, within reason....

Obviously if you’re going to rebuild the engine you better have some real resources and tools.... but add ons... diff work... custom audio... all fair game.

Why would I want someone else to have my Fun? Sure I have the money to pay someone but that’s not the point. Most on here probably aren’t financially cash strapped... it’s about the project as much as it is about the results.

Am I right?

Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something wired about the top hole. I had to use an original bolt, as new bolt was too long

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I ran into having to use the OEM bolt there on top too to accommodate the brake bracket. The funny thing is... I wasn’t at first.... and the bolt that sheared was the replacement bolt that came with the cover.

Once I got rid of it and chased the threads with a tap.... the OEM bolt with brake bracket went in without issue and torqued to spec.

Something wired about the top hole. I had to use an original bolt, as new bolt was too long