Raptor vs 3.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 0-70+ and 1/4 mike times/trap speeds where the most interesting... both done without trailer.

I'm thinking it had to do with traction available, street tire vs off-road. Also wonder if they did it in 4A with AdvanceTrac off, that makes a WOLRD of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know I'm right. I knew I was right all along :)

And it will be more torque under 3k RPM once bigger turbos are added. And bigger turbos are required for the little 3.5 to get closer to the big boy power levels the 6.2 and 5.0 are capable of. The 5.0 is making over 800 horse with just a Whipple.

You realize an 800hp offroad truck is retarded, right? But I bet it makes you popular with the cars and coffee crowd, which I'm sure is the only thing you care about.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking it had to do with traction available, street tire vs off-road. Also wonder if they did it in 4A with AdvanceTrac off, that makes a WOLRD of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that had more to do with the Raptor's bigger tires, less areo design etc than the engine. Here is a link to TFL where they raced a 2018 3.5 Lariat compared to a Raptor. The Raptor should have won based on the engine, but the Lariat won fairly easily with a less powerful engine.

https://youtu.be/pJDVi0y-9xk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You realize an 800hp offroad truck is retarded, right? But I bet it makes you popular with the cars and coffee crowd, which I'm sure is the only thing you care about.

Man, now that you guys know we were right all along, you should hear you guys backpedaling... it sounds even more pathetic than your exhaust notes.