Raptor vs 3.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I'm interested in this, I'd also like to know about the differences between the Raptor 3.5L package and the Ford GT 3.5L package...

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I'm interested in this, I'd also like to know about the differences between the Raptor 3.5L package and the Ford GT 3.5L package...

The raptor and the gt share approximately 60% of the same engine components. Most of the difference in hard parts are the result of the gt having a dry sump oiling system.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The raptor and the gt share approximately 60% of the same engine components. Most of the difference in hard parts are the result of the gt having a dry sump oiling system.

Interesting... I have to then wonder what it'd take to get the Raptor power plant to make GT-level numbers? Obviously the dry sump oiling will make some difference in this regard but it won't be all that much... the biggest difference would of course be in the drive train delivering the power to the wheels. Nonetheless, as I recall, the GT doesn't make that much more torque than the Raptor, but it makes its power primarily by extending the torque curve up higher in the RPM range.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting... I have to then wonder what it'd take to get the Raptor power plant to make GT-level numbers? Obviously the dry sump oiling will make some difference in this regard but it won't be all that much... the biggest difference would of course be in the drive train delivering the power to the wheels. Nonetheless, as I recall, the GT doesn't make that much more torque than the Raptor, but it makes its power primarily by extending the torque curve up higher in the RPM range.
Turbos.. pretty much. But you loose the low end power which you desperately need in a heavy 4wd application. Hp is not king in this world. Torque is.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking that 647hp may be a bit much for the 10 speed trans....

OP
OP
O

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And when Ford says 60% of the engine parts as the GT, what does that mean? Same block? Even at that, look at the price difference between an LS7 block and a C5R block, worlds of difference in tolerance and price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbos.. pretty much. But you lose the low end power which you desperately need in a heavy 4wd application. Hp is not king in this world. Torque is.

Ha! Shows what you know... I was given to understand that engine sound is king in this world.

This guy and his "torque"... :goofy_batman:

:ROFLJest::ROFLJest: