GEN 2 Raptor Tunes- What's the deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love if someone played with E85 in these to see where it can really go. Then timing would be awesome.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Performance? Would this imply that they put their stamp of approval on it, and that there would not be a chance of denying warranty work if something cratered?

This is correct!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love if someone played with E85 in these to see where it can really go. Then timing would be awesome.

Would be cool to see, but not really practical when you leave the metro areas. Given our hobby takes us to pretty remote areas, its often hard to even find 93

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For those who do not want to wait ! 5 Star Tuning has finally released their tunes for the 2017 Ford Raptor with a user friendly device ! This new setup is using the Nguage device for display and to load custom tunes . Many of options just like the SCT Device prior but with a lot more user friendly gauges to monitor .
Gains of 60-80 WHP and 100 WTRQ depending on the fuel used . 87-93 is available . Paired with the Injen intake system this its a great performance upgrade . Retail on this complete package is $890 plus shipping . Going to be doing a special on the first 20 units . Shoot us a PM or give me a call at the shop to order yours now ! 702-202-1263

**Dyno graph is from 5 star tuning, numbers may change using different dynes and other circumstances**

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 10.32.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 10.32.35 AM.png
    361.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 10.33.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 10.33.24 AM.png
    331.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 10.36.40 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 10.36.40 AM.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 112
OP
OP
T

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just going to wait for FP tune so the warranty stays in place. I cant afford to blow a motor or trans and have Ford deny the warranty claim due to an aftermarket tune.

We're in the same boat. I don't need every drop of power outta this thing too. I'm doing the SPD Adapters and Ford tune and keeping everything else stock. I hope Ford tunes the tranny too

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know...

I'm not gonna lie.... I think the JMS boostmax is pushing as much or more boost than that tune. The scorcher probably is as well.

I'd love to see a dyno run side by side with the three. I'm not sure it would be all that different.

JMS claims 67 horsepower and about 40 peak. AFE claims around 30 horsepower.

I think with a little bit of time... over the next 6 months you will see some maturation of the tunes and the process and things will come together.

My guess is a sweet spot would be a catback, a CAI, possibly an SPD adapter (I'm not 100 percent convinced yet without some data, but it probably works). And then a tune taking all of it into consideration. I'm thinking 100 wheel horsepower is a possibility which would put the bhp around 600. 175 horsepower per liter or so which I'm suspecting is near the theoretical limit for the engine with stock internals.

Hennessey is a bad business, but I'm betting that's where the 600 horsepower in their 600 horsepower velociraptor is coming from.

Just my two cents.

OP
OP
T

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know...

I'm not gonna lie.... I think the JMS boostmax is pushing as much or more boost than that tune. The scorcher probably is as well.

I'd love to see a dyno run side by side with the three. I'm not sure it would be all that different.

JMS claims 67 horsepower and about 40 peak. AFE claims around 30 horsepower.

I think with a little bit of time... over the next 6 months you will see some maturation of the tunes and the process and things will come together.

My guess is a sweet spot would be a catback, a CAI, possibly an SPD adapter (I'm not 100 percent convinced yet without some data, but it probably works). And then a tune taking all of it into consideration. I'm thinking 100 wheel horsepower is a possibility which would put the bhp around 600. 175 horsepower per liter or so which I'm suspecting is near the theoretical limit for the engine with stock internals.

Hennessey is a bad business, but I'm betting that's where the 600 horsepower in their 600 horsepower velociraptor is coming from.

Just my two cents.

Plenty of independents have confirmed 20rwhp from the SPD adapters as the turbo housing no longer becomes shrouded/bottlenecked. Also helps lower EGT which is critical on a turbo vehicle.

The Ford GT has the same crank rods and Block so it's weak spots theoretically is our weak spots as well.

Honestly I think the adapters and the Ford performance tune coming out will be a great/warranty friendly option. The exhaust on our trucks are actually very good. Downpipe and cats maybe not so much.

87LX

Reaction score
Are you sure the 2017 pcm is encrypted? I heard that Ford wasn't going to start encrypting until the 2018 model year.

It is definitely encrypted, only the 3.5 ecoboost's with a 10 speed were encrypted. 5.0's and 2.7's with 6 speed haven't changed.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you know...

I'm not gonna lie.... i think the jms boostmax is pushing as much or more boost than that tune. The scorcher probably is as well.

I'd love to see a dyno run side by side with the three. i'm not sure it would be all that different.

Jms claims 67 horsepower and about 40 peak. Afe claims around 30 horsepower.

i think with a little bit of time... Over the next 6 months you will see some maturation of the tunes and the process and things will come together.

my guess is a sweet spot would be a catback, a cai, possibly an spd adapter (i'm not 100 percent convinced yet without some data, but it probably works). And then a tune taking all of it into consideration. i'm thinking 100 wheel horsepower is a possibility which would put the bhp around 600. 175 horsepower per liter or so which i'm suspecting is near the theoretical limit for the engine with stock internals.

Hennessey is a bad business, but i'm betting that's where the 600 horsepower in their 600 horsepower velociraptor is coming from.

Just my two cents.

your conjecture is going to make my ******* head explode