GEN 2 Raptor Tunes- What's the deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New motor, all new trans, and some pretty great encryption. HP tuners is the only company offering support currently. Once SCT releases support more options will be available.

Are you sure the 2017 pcm is encrypted? I heard that Ford wasn't going to start encrypting until the 2018 model year.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my nGuage yesterday and files this morning.

Likely still adapting, but power comes in smooth and Quicker response. Will post more info as I get more seat time, scheduled for dyno next week, did baselines at 1,000 miles to compare.

What are they claiming? 477whp on the files they sent you.

Just my hunch... if those numbers are accurate I can't imagine you'd have any trouble noticing. That's a head snapping difference. It wouldn't be a subtle increase considering the stock WHP is around 370.

I'm very interested in a tune as well from them.

OP
OP
T

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are they claiming? 477whp on the files they sent you.

Just my hunch... if those numbers are accurate I can't imagine you'd have any trouble noticing. That's a head snapping difference. It wouldn't be a subtle increase considering the stock WHP is around 370.

I'm very interested in a tune as well from them.

They are also claiming 417 rwhp bone stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made 353/397rw hp/tq on a local dynacom. That specific dyno does read lower than most dynojets ive been on, but on par with the more common 365/422rw other sources have made. I will be on that same machine later this week with the 93oct tune. If we see significantly larger numbers, I may put back to stock to see if there in fact was a factory de-tune during early miles (>3000), but unlikely.

As for the 93tune, power seems to keep increase with each WOT blast as it adapts. Been eyeballing IATs on nGuage, and got a nice data log after half a dozen heatsoaked 1/8mi+ hits. Surprisingly, the factory intercooler is doing a good job.

B29411E9-2F6F-43E1-A6E8-3AB4BAC5C763_zpsbv1bqbp3.jpg

Last edited:

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made 353/397rw hp/tq on a local dynacom. That specific dyno does read lower than most dynojets ive been on, but on par with the more common 365/422rw other sources have made. I will be on that same machine later this week with the 93oct tune. If we see significantly larger numbers, I may put back to stock to see if there in fact was a factory de-tune during early miles (>3000), but unlikely.

As for the 93tune, power seems to keep increase with each WOT blast as it adapts. Been eyeballing IATs on nGuage, and got a nice data log after half a dozen heatsoaked 1/8mi+ hits. Surprisingly, the factory intercooler is doing a good job.

B29411E9-2F6F-43E1-A6E8-3AB4BAC5C763_zpsbv1bqbp3.jpg

All good info! Looks like they are not pushing the boost.

OP
OP
T

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All good info! Looks like they are not pushing the boost.

How else are they gonna get close to 100 more hp at the wheels without some more boost?

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How else are they gonna get close to 100 more hp at the wheels without some more boost?

Lots of timing. Lean out the fuel mixture a bit. I assume it runs a bit rich from the factory.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of timing. Lean out the fuel mixture a bit. I assume it runs a bit rich from the factory.

If you can get there by doing those that would imply there is more with the addition of boost. Time will tell and all was good info!

OP
OP
T

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For that kinda hp claim timing won't do it. Lean is not always mean too. More timing= more fuel.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last i heard Ford Performance will have theirs this summer, probably late summer..

I plan on waiting for theirs and running it until other aftermarket tuners are proven and reliable without holes in the block..

Ford Performance? Would this imply that they put their stamp of approval on it, and that there would not be a chance of denying warranty work if something cratered?