Raptor Assault Turbo Adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bevan11

Reaction score
Just got back from the Raptor Assault class and it was awesome. I highly recommend if you have the time! They took us through a lot of different scenarios and obstacles as well as terrain. The most fun was the high speed racing through the dessert at the end!

One of the instructors owned a shop and he had done some custom work to all the raptors. He is working with Ford Performance on a few other upgrades including something in the rear end to help with wheel hop!

I asked him about the turbo adapters as I have had them for a few weeks but just haven't put them on due to no true data that they will actually help with performance. He said he spoke directly to the ford engineers about the adapters and they said they would personally put them on their own trucks! That pretty much makes the decision for me!

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got back from the Raptor Assault class and it was awesome. I highly recommend if you have the time! They took us through a lot of different scenarios and obstacles as well as terrain. The most fun was the high speed racing through the dessert at the end!

One of the instructors owned a shop and he had done some custom work to all the raptors. He is working with Ford Performance on a few other upgrades including something in the rear end to help with wheel hop!

I asked him about the turbo adapters as I have had them for a few weeks but just haven't put them on due to no true data that they will actually help with performance. He said he spoke directly to the ford engineers about the adapters and they said they would personally put them on their own trucks! That pretty much makes the decision for me!

Thanks for the info!

If you line the two up on your bench, it is a pretty signifcant difference.

Also of note, the part number is the same from the gen 1 ecoboost, to the gen 2, to the HO. Meaning this part for our 450 hp/510 ft/lbs trucks is the same as the 365hp/ 420 ft/lbs trucks.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... What exactly do Turbo Adapters do? I assume better airflow? They just bolt on I assume... what's the shop labor time like? Sorry clueless on Turbos... never owned anything turbo-charged.

Does appear adapters add about 15-20HP and 20-30Ft/lbs of Torque.

Last edited:

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... What exactly do Turbo Adapters do? I assume better airflow? They just bolt on I assume... what's the shop labor time like? Sorry clueless on Turbos... never owned anything turbo-charged.

Does appear adapters add about 15-20HP and 20-30Ft/lbs of Torque.

25% bigger per side

Labor sucks, 2ish hours at a shop plus studs and gaskets.

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the turbo adaptors on mine about a week ago. I don't have any regrets at all. I had mine awhile as well. I just didn't want to do it myself so I was waiting for an opening at the shop. There is literally no downside to installing them. They're butt dyno aproved by the way.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except wasting money on something that hasnt been proven to do anything. That $200+ can be spent on something else on the truck that will actually be useful.

There are a few dynos out there that show an overlay of stock vs SPD turbo adapter loosing 50-150tq from idle to 2700rpm and 40-70hp loss from off idle to 2700rpm. This was a big debate on facebook about these adapters a few weeks ago. Im not sold on them after seeing the before and after dynos in the same day. for your average daily driving and towing they dont make sense for me. 20hp improvement at WOT3500-5000rpms vs a a 150tq loss at 1800-2700 rpms for daily driving are not worth it to me.