Raptor 2017 oil leak first week!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took mine in this morning for the minor oil leak and an airbag warning light that came on over the weekend. I'll update the situation when I hear back from the dealer.

Raptize

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually when you buy a new vehicle the last thing you think about is looking for oil leaks and other random issues... It isn't supposed to be like this.

markwithak

Reaction score
HI guys new Ford owner here (long term Tacoma guy) and its a 2017 XLT 3.5eco and went to do a 600 mile oil change and noticed the PLASTIC pan is leaking just forward of the PLASTIC drain plug!!!
well I guess I get to see how Ford service is...

seano04

Reaction score
Same as all the other posts. Dealer said the plastic oil pan flange was warped and leaking. Happy they are fixing it but they also will have my truck for 2-3 days while they order a new pan.

I have sources who can possibly make a duplicate of the plastic oil pan but in metal, metal flange and metal drain plug. Might go that route after finding this thread plus it's all over the general F150 forums. One guy with the smaller 2.whatever liter F150, had 5-6 oil pans before his truck hit 10,000 miles.

Sorry, but I don't think any of us bought this truck to have it sit at a dealer 2-3 days for each leaking oil pan (and get a focus or fiesta as a loaner). It's a truck and it's going to be treated as such, driven HARD, hauling shit, towing whatever, etc. What's next with this weight saving epidemic? Plastic valve covers, plastic heads, rims, blocks?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
yeah, I hear you. This has been reported by more than a few members here and while it’s a small statistical sample, it’s been mentioned enough to seemingly indicate a possible future design change.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you leave your truck? Have parts department order the pan and come back when it shows up. The oil leak is very small. Waiting another 3 days isnt going to hurt anything.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine off after they got the pan in. My dealership says they leave the pan off and let it drain overnight and then install the new pan the next day.