Raptor 2017 oil leak first week!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, sorry to hear of this issue. Hope it gets resolved soon. No leaks on mine that I am aware of, but sounds like it may be a good idea to crawl underneath it and check it all out.

4506dave

Reaction score
New guy here, 2017 with 1200 kms on it, bought it 2 weeks ago. Noticed what sounded like an exhaust heat shield rattle or skid plate rattle. Crawled under the truck yesterday to see if I could find it and found an oil leak on the passenger side of the motor. Haven't had the best of luck with most of the fords I've owned and feel as I may have made another mistake which is very poopy as I actually like this truck. Traded my 17 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn on it. Might have buyers remorse. Will be calling the dealer on Monday.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found an oil leak, too. 1,600 miles, built 3/21.

I had a friend from Ford look into this issue. He said its a know issue with the 3.5, the fix is replace the pan, not reseal it as per engineering. I have an appointment in 2 weeks to get it looked out. Its a very small leak but we should not have any leaks anywhere.