Possible upgrades tomorrow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
You should do well with this setup.

I would not go with 5 Star though. I had them first as did several other members... and they don’t know how to tune the transmission and their power falls off in the upper RPM range.

MPT is a better tune.

The downpipes and SPD adapters will sound better for you with the stock catbacks. They won’t add any significant horsepower unfortunately. The CAI, downpipes and SPD adapters will be lucky to net you 15.

The tune is your real gain.

... and, the MPT Salesforce has arrived.

Attachments

• 3563DB68-0687-4AFB-9BFE-1638F11800F1.jpeg
    3563DB68-0687-4AFB-9BFE-1638F11800F1.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 175
OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ignore the quatch, you have hadboth tunes so I that more than qualifies you to know what your talking about. Thanks for your messages on here, im just starting to mod but will be doing a lot

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their tune also randomly dropped me into limp mode too.

They may have worked all these issues out, but if they did... I don’t know it.

They are very nice folks and I liked them, but the tune wasn’t ready for prime time.

MPT blew away every expectation I had.

QUOTE=Msb.19d;1218117]Ignore the quatch, you have hadboth tunes so I that more than qualifies you to know what your talking about. Thanks for your messages on here, im just starting to mod but will be doing a lot[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so all I ended up getting installed is tune, cai, spd turbo adapters, down pipes, Larger IC, catch can and exhaust.. gonna save some other for another day.. this is enuff for today

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so all I ended up getting installed is tune, cai, spd turbo adapters, down pipes, Larger IC, catch can and exhaust.. gonna save some other for another day.. this is enuff for today

Details please...

Which exhaust? MBRP, aFe?

Which larger IC? drop in replacement like aFe or a relocation?

Catted or offroad downpipes? did you stick with aFe?

Which CAI? aFe Momentum XP Pro? how'd you decide?

UPR oil catch can? how often do you need to drain it?

Five Star tune I assume. Do you have before and after info?

How did your exhaust sound change?

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borla, Afe dp, Afe momentum cai, wagoner ic, Catch can empty around every second oil change I’m told, bud I could be wrong though, oh and with the Borla you need to get the H pipe also, sounds like crap with x pipe, I don’t have any dyno chart rte now

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I have the Afe dp, with dp the Borla needs the H pipe,

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Surprised you went with the Wagner IC. They don’t really have that great of a track record.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only time will tell I guess, I hope it holds up, if not I will swap it out. It is really big that’s for sure

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 star made changes to the tune they told me, power doesn’t drop off anymore and it shifts better than stock to me so far. I’m running 93 performance tune rte now and whoaa she is quick. I will give it more drive time before I say it’s golden or anything but so far it really feels great just has so much power now, oh and it’s wee bit louder. I’m gonna drop truck off with 5 stars tuner for couple days in a month or so to really turn it up all way