POLL: If Ford offers engine option (V6 and V8), which one would you pick?

Which engine would you choose in the 2017 raptor?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't see Ford releasing a V8 TT. If a V8 is in the cards then it will be a N/A V8. A V8 TT would just cut into the V6TT sales.

And if N/A V8 is in available then I bet Ford would make sure it produced less HP than the V6TT.

It's ironic, if the 3.5L V6 TT was in any other car, then everyone would be impressed by the output, but in a truck the V6TT is a dog.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let's see we start with a 5.4 made an option for a 6.2 quit making the 5.4 for lack of interest now let's try and shove a v6 at them and see what happens. Death of raptor, yes your going to sell some but I won't be buying one with out test driving it. The 6.2 I didn't need to test drive.

OP
OP
S

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't see Ford releasing a V8 TT. If a V8 is in the cards then it will be a N/A V8. A V8 TT would just cut into the V6TT sales.

And if N/A V8 is in available then I bet Ford would make sure it produced less HP than the V6TT.

It's ironic, if the 3.5L V6 TT was in any other car, then everyone would be impressed by the output, but in a truck the V6 is a dog.
I don't get this argument and Ive seen it a few times... ecoboost sales are doing very well in the f150 line. Adding an option in the raptor for a V8 won't negatively impact the v6. We are talking about a relatively small production truck in terms of numbers.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO this is the reason Ford won't offer two engines. Nobody would buy the smaller one.

I don't even care about having a V8 but if two options were offered I'd choose the larger/more powerful option, of course.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The majority of guys on this forum will ignore the v6 TT if they have a v8 TT. Does not matter that the v6 TT is doing well in the F150 as this is a Raptor forum. I am not trying to be an ass but most guys here will pick the V8 TT assuming there will not be a big price difference.

If you are going to drive the biggest baddest production off-road truck then you want the biggest baddest engine. This is the mentality and marketing that Ford has created and consumed by everyone here. So to offer 2 engines is counter productive. So no way Ford offers a v8 TT. Maybe in 2019. But not in 2017 or 2018.

I don't get this argument and Ive seen it a few times... ecoboost sales are doing very well in the f150 line. Adding an option in the raptor for a V8 won't negatively impact the v6. We are talking about a relatively small production truck in terms of numbers.

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If given the option, v8. I would still purchase the v6 though if it's all they offered.

Click Here to Save On ADD Bumper Shipping!

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

OP
OP
S

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They offer the v6 and v8 in the mustang, and the consumer has the option. So it's not out of question they would offer the option in the raptor.