**** poor exhaust tone/sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Untill I got my truck I wasn't sure about the sound from all this chatter. My trade was a 13 fx4 ecoboost and I loved the turbo power and the fact it was so quiet you could squeeze it down and draw no attention to your self (on ramps) j The only time I didn't like the quiet sound was in manual (you have no idea when to shift). The new raptor does a perfect job of helping you hear the motor and know when to pull the paddle(as those that have one know the first 4-5 shifts come quick). It sounds very non v6 from outside as well. I can here it start in the morning on FordPass auto start ,nice rumble till it warms then settles down. imop, any exhaust mods will be a fine line between sounding better(not annoying ) and crap. Plus, exhaust sound is mainly for the drivers enjoyment not bystanders.Trust me the only sidewalk dweller your impressing is 14 yrs old (maybe). Buick grand nationals didn't impress with sound either , just performance.

Mesozoic

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of loud exhausts. My son tells me, "If it's too loud, you're too old."

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with some of the others here. give it time and you'll be able to pick what you want the damn thing to sound like.

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah that's funny. That was awfully fast too. So....you're trolling the Gen 2 section to be able to post that picture? It's great to be proud of what you have. I loved my Gen1. But with that being said, two things:

1) I took this right now just for you. I have both of them in my driveway and don't regret IN THE LEAST buying the Gen 2.

2) Click Here. I'm good with this

gen1vsgen2.jpg