**** poor exhaust tone/sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Embarrassing thing is I actually bought one. Put it on someones rig last summer on the Dusy Ershim trail. Took until we got to a motel the final night to figure out what the horrible noise was. First saw it(silver one) and thought he blew out some valves through the tail pipe....then started yelling at his passengers for putting it on :biggrin: To be fair my rig got wrapped in plastic at a motel the year before.....

shooter65

Reaction score
I predict uploading your own sound file into the exhaust sound augmentation system will be an available mod soon. So the rest of the world will her your truck, but you'll hear what you want to hear.

If that happens I'm gonna pipe in the sound from my GT350 into my Raptor. Best sounding engine in history!

Mesozoic

Reaction score
Drove one tonight at a dealership and the engine sound appeared to also be coming from the rear speakers? I'm old and a Raptor noob, but to me, it sounded like some "engine noise" was piped through the sound system.

WTF? In my day, fake sound on a GTO would bring a **** response.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a lot of vehicles will have some sort of sound induction into the cabin. weather its through the speakers or some sort of sound tube. Its pretty hilarious really.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You realize a Corsa for the Gen 2 does not yet exist so you have ZERO idea if it sounds good.

The Raptor exhaust is not the same as the previous Ecoboosts so you can not compare how it sounds on a older ecoboost and think it will be the same on the raptor. The raptor has a true dual exhaust and the older eco's were a single exhaust.

You know what.. I hadn't realize Corsa hasn't made a muffler for a gen 2 yet. And whaaat? The truck I have coming and have researched for almost a year has a true dual exhaust?? Inconceivable! And on what you say i can not do... Your permission wasn't required when I extrapolated the Corsa sound of a 3.5 ecoboost to get a general idea of Corsa's note with a dual pipe more powerful ecoboost. So your ZERO sum mentality hedges on Corsa or maybe any other muffler not being able to come through maybe with a resonator delete system like referenced in the previous thread. My outlook is a bit more positive. Only father time will tell.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did not realize you were a Jen 2 person and not a Gen 2. Would you like a safety pin and a safe space. You got called out on your claim that vapor ware sounds good. Get back to use when you have a truck and the exhaust

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
time for some diesel stacks ;)

MBRP Smokers Chrome Stainless Steel Stack (Tip Only) (4"- 6")

stack_mix2.2.jpg