**** poor exhaust tone/sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... my wife took my truck to work this morning and I told her to get on it in front of our house so I could actually hear it going down the road and the only way to describe it is to close your eyes and picture that lowered 15 yr old Honda Accord with that banging bazooka exhaust system on it. Ya... it's that bad and this needs to addressed ASAP..... :flipthebird:

Last edited:

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bet you find out there's no way to fix the exhaust sound. It's a V6 and it won't sound any better.

I bet the aftermarket exhaust systems for these trucks end up quieting them down so you can't here the exhaust and instead you just hear the turbos.

I would not go that far, the Ford GT is a V6 based on the same engine. Granted its Mid Engine and runs different cams/turbo and RPM. With that said I am sure someone can get a dump exhaust with a much more exotic sound then the factory mumble. It won't sound like a GT no matter what you do but I have hope for some decent exhausts. Hell the 911's sound great (Granted they are horizontal 6's), I love driving the 911 with the top down and the exhaust valves open, has a great rumble and sound.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not go that far, the Ford GT is a V6 based on the same engine. Granted its Mid Engine and runs different cams/turbo and RPM. With that said I am sure someone can get a dump exhaust with a much more exotic sound then the factory mumble. It won't sound like a GT no matter what you do but I have hope for some decent exhausts. Hell the 911's sound great (Granted they are horizontal 6's), I love driving the 911 with the top down and the exhaust valves open, has a great rumble and sound.

The GT sounds like shit, too. The raspiness of its very loud exhaust just hides it a little. But if you watch the track videos and really listen, you can hear the same lame hum you get from a Honda Accord. It's science.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I predict uploading your own sound file into the exhaust sound augmentation system will be an available mod soon. So the rest of the world will her your truck, but you'll hear what you want to hear.