Personally, I can always have more POWER!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been running turbo vehicles for a long time, and there is always a few more psi available for more HP on a stock turbo vehicle. I went with an SCT X3 with 5 Star Tuning custom maps on my 2011 EB f150, so I just preordered an X4 from 5 Star since they are on sale this month!

It's a crime to not put a mild tune on a turbo vehicle at a minimum!

I got the X4 before I even got the truck!!!! :win:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Sounds familiar...I've been playing around with turbo Buicks since 1988 and my 2017 is my 3rd Ecoboost F150. I can't wait for tunes to be available for the new ride.

newpics133Medium.jpg

I desperately want to hate you.

I was 16 in 1985 and a local Buick sales guy rolled up in an 86 m.y. Grand National. I wanted that car. Badly. However, on a 16 year old’s salary it was not going to happen. Then, I think it was ’89 when they released the GNX

I never ended up buying one, and I do sort of regret it. I did, however test drive the T Type Regal. I’d already built up a 455 Olds, and I remember stepping on the T type throttle, and experiencing turbo lag for the first time, for the all-too-brief quarter second or so and then both rear tires broke loose in a huge smokey burn out.

You Grand Nat. owners are killing me here...

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I desperately want to hate you.

I was 16 in 1985 and a local Buick sales guy rolled up in an 86 m.y. Grand National. I wanted that car. Badly. However, on a 16 year old’s salary it was not going to happen. Then, I think it was ’89 when they released the GNX

I never ended up buying one, and I do sort of regret it. I did, however test drive the T Type Regal. I’d already built up a 455 Olds, and I remember stepping on the T type throttle, and experiencing turbo lag for the first time, for the all-too-brief quarter second or so and then both rear tires broke loose in a huge smokey burn out.

You Grand Nat. owners are killing me here...

If it makes you feel better....I only have one now. :biggrin:
They made 547 GNXs in '87 and that was also the last year for the Grand National. In '88 the Regal went to front wheel drive. :mad:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
well... at first it did make me feel better but then I thought :flipthebird::flipthebird::flipthebird:

I have --nothing-- to complain about mind you. Even out of practice, both my bikes will do a low 10 second 1/4 mile with me on them in full gear, riding to the track (MIR), running, and riding home. No trailer. been a while since I’ve done it but I think the last trap speed was 142 or something close. That’s MPH, not KPH :p

Nope... still not any better. You watch, I’ll be up at 1 in the morning cruising used car ads for a G.N.

GN is definitely a car the oozes cool. I did have a pretty nifty Cougar. 1969 - still had the hidden headlights, sequencing tail lights. previous owner had shoehorned a 460 into it, that car was pretty fun. Unfortunately, manual brakes :mfr_omg: I raced it 1 time and 1 time --only--. I thought I would run out of track it took so long to slow down. In fact, at first it didn’t feel like i was slowing at all.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Grand Nationals are awesome...I was 15 when they came out and my neighbor down the street had one...older guy in his 40s...and I thought, what is this old guy doing with THAT car....prob the same thing my neighbors say about me now with my Gen 2....lol!!

If Darth Vader had a car...it would've been a Grand National....awesome car!! Love it!

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds familiar...I've been playing around with turbo Buicks since 1988 and my 2017 is my 3rd Ecoboost F150. I can't wait for tunes to be available for the new ride.

newpics133Medium.jpg

Love the Grand National's and I spy a GNX too. I had 3 of them and loved playing with them. I had my 87 running 11.90's in the 1/4 without a ton of work.

Charles S

Reaction score
lol, similar story here. I was 16 when they came out. We lived in a small town and there was a guy who got a GN. That was the coolest car I had ever seen. I was cruising around in a beat to shit 74 Nova that was painted three different colors to include grey primer. Saving grace was that it had a 350 in it. I remember coming up to a light together on a weekend night. Needless to say I had even more respect for the car after that encounter.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, similar story here. I was 16 when they came out. We lived in a small town and there was a guy who got a GN. That was the coolest car I had ever seen. I was cruising around in a beat to shit 74 Nova that was painted three different colors to include grey primer. Saving grace was that it had a 350 in it. I remember coming up to a light together on a weekend night. Needless to say I had even more respect for the car after that encounter.

Those were the days huh :) I remember a Mustang GT pulling up at light along side me and he was revving it up and giving me THAT look. I was heading to play golf and had 2 buddy's in the car and the GT rips away from the light and I said OK bud and I blew by him and I'll never forget the look on his face as I passed him. It was that I've got a mouthful shit look :) He rolled the window at the next light and he said DUDE that thing hauls and I said I just gave you a head start and blew by you with 2 guys in the car and 3 sets of golf clubs in the trunk and I had the A/C crankin too :)