Pedal Commander - WOW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mmacfn

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll start whatever threads I want.

YOU can choose not to read them just like I skip threads I’m not interested in.

Welcome to democracy.

Being a troll menas you posting on threads you don’t personally like just to be a ****. Just walk on by.

I'm a troll because I called you out for starting another ******** thread. It's easy to call someone a name and dismiss what they have to say. I have offered useful information on this forum. Useless threads aren't going to get helpful responses.

There was already a thread about the pedal commander on the first page of the section this thread is posted in. Same goes for your previous thread. The solution for this would be browsing the forum, using the search bar, or using google's site search function for answers before making another useless thread.

You might also benefit from reading the following articles to improve your search skills and reading comprehension.
1) https://www.google.com/intl/br/insidesearch/tipstricks/all.html
2) https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=253432
3) Adult Reading Comprehension Strategies

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
For everyone wondering why @Gilligan calls it snake oil:

All the PC does is give you more 'thrust per squeeze' if you will.

For simplicity lets use offroad mode in a Gen1 as an example because it maps the throttle in a linear fashion.

Without PC installed: 20% throttle pedal travel will give you 20% throttle opening. Make sense?

With PC (lets say in Sport ++4): That same 20% throttle pedeal travel gives you about 70% throttle opening.

It's just opening your throttle more for the same pedal travel. That's it. That's all it does. It only increases throttle 'response' by virtue of opening the thottle body more. I personally like mine because it does exactly that. I can be lazy and not push the pedal as far, but still get the throttle input I want.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

I’ll start whatever threads I want.

YOU can choose not to read them just like I skip threads I’m not interested in.

Welcome to democracy.

Being a troll menas you posting on threads you don’t personally like just to be a ****. Just walk on by.

I'd also like to add, the "I'll start whatever threads I want" attitude also applies to "I'll post in whatever threads I want", or "I'll call you out for being lazy in whatever threads I want" or "I'll meme you to death in whatever threads I want". Just remember it's a two way street.

13wtay.jpg

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For everyone wondering why @Gilligan calls it snake oil:

For simplicity lets use offroad mode in a Gen1 as an example because it maps the throttle in a linear fashion.

Without PC installed: 20% throttle pedal travel will give you 20% throttle opening. Make sense?

With PC (lets say in Sport ++4): That same 20% throttle pedeal travel gives you about 70% throttle opening.

It's just opening your throttle more for the same pedal travel. That's it. That's all it does. It only increases throttle 'response' by virtue of opening the thottle body more. I personally like mine because it does exactly that. I can be lazy and not push the pedal as far, but still get the throttle input I want.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

I'd also like to add, the "I'll start whatever threads I want" attitude also applies to "I'll post in whatever threads I want", or "I'll call you out for being lazy in whatever threads I want" or "I'll meme you to death in whatever threads I want". Just remember it's a two way street.

13wtay.jpg

Now why did you have to go and post something that makes sense in this thread. I was enjoying the fight between "I might be dumb but I'm not stupid" vs "I might be stupid but I'm not dumb".

Seriously though, I slapped on the chipwerke plug n play piggyback tune module along with the pedal commander throttle response system and the truck is a beast.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

So... it’s not snake oil then?

whatever.

I think the big deal is that the ‘17+ Raptor in ‘normal’ mode, is lazy as all get out. I don’t think pedal commander makes any claims of adding power, or anything more than ‘remapping’ the throttle input to output ratio. That said, it does allow one to drive the truck in a more normal fashion, in normal drive mode, without having to pin the throttle to compel the truck to downshift.

ok, apologies. I’ll let everyone get back to bickering about could/couldn’t, searching and not searching, etc.

hIWt0rT.gif

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
So... it’s not snake oil then?

whatever.

I think the big deal is that the ‘17+ Raptor in ‘normal’ mode, is lazy as all get out. I don’t think pedal commander makes any claims of adding power, or anything more than ‘remapping’ the throttle input to output ratio. That said, it does allow one to drive the truck in a more normal fashion, in normal drive mode, without having to pin the throttle to compel the truck to downshift.

ok, apologies. I’ll let everyone get back to bickering about could/couldn’t, searching and not searching, etc.

hIWt0rT.gif

We both agree here. It's just that so many people say it offers "increased throttle response" and that's kind of a misnomer. It just gives you more thottle opening for the same input, which might cause the transmission to kick down quicker and make the truck feel like the throttle response is better.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We both agree here. It's just that so many people say it offers "increased throttle response" and that's kind of a misnomer. It just gives you more thottle opening for the same input, which might cause the transmission to kick down quicker and make the truck feel like the throttle response is better.

Pretty sure that "more throttle with same or less input " is most people's belief of the definition of throttle response.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Pretty sure that "more throttle with same or less input " is most people's belief of the definition of throttle response.

Pretty sure that it's opening more than stock...not opening faster to the same point it would have stock. Response would be the speed it opens.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that it's opening more than stock...not opening faster to the same point it would have stock. Response would be the speed it opens.

Response by definition has nothing to do with speed. Response loosely translated is reaction.
If one receives more reaction from less input it's not necessarily wrong to say that said response is improved.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm so torn...I was going to re-engage with "doctorate dude" (and I reserve my right to do that later) but now this thread has actually turned into something useful and interesting - a discussion of the PC - and that sucks because, ideally, that should be done in the other PC thread - you know the one that the OP didn't look for or post in.

OK, so here goes, my perception of the PC and its performance is not similar to just mashing on the skinny pedal so I don't agree with the comment that mashing on the go pedal is the same thing. I say that because the response is, IMO, more instantaneous, more immediate with the PC than without it and just flooring the accelerator.

To me the PC is all about response - getting performance much faster than jumping on the go pedal.

Again, this is all my PERCEPTION, but I'm very happy with the PC because it works way better than pushing the pedal to the floor or thereabouts.