Pedal Commander vs JMS BoostMAX thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drdjin

Reaction score
I like to make this a 3 part question:
1) Which one is better?
2) Can you combine the two? (is it the same as PedalMax?)
3) Which on would you like or have installed? Why?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a pedal max. Why? Because I found it online before the pedal commander. It stacks with the boost max by JMS which I also have.

Does it work? ABSOLUTELY changes the truck and does what they say it will do. The boost max made a big difference in power too. You can feel it noticibly.

In regards to the pedal commander vs pedal max?
I have only used the pedal max but I'm guessing they work on the same principle and have similar performance boosts so I would say both are a great modification.

The pedal commander has a nicer looking controller box and is a little easier to set with it's push buttons. The pedal max uses a metal knob, optional, that looks like a rheostat. I hide it under the dash.

Maybe some other folks will have more insight, but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Guy

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did some research before buying and went with Pedal Commander thanks to it's various modes... tons of combinations to get it just to your liking.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pedal max and pedal commander increase throttle response whereas boost max increase boost through a microprocessor that is plugged into the map and TIPS.

Boostmax made a difference on my truck but can't comment on and pedal products as I don't have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two different things. One is for boost and actually improves HP, the other just changes pedal response.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Pedla max on my Gen 1 and it works as its supposed to . I have boostmax and pedal max on another car and they work and increase power and of course pedal response , would buy again if needed to .

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I'm still debating going with the AFE Scorcher or the Pedal Commander.

I haven't heard/read of any issues with either yet. Anyone who's tried both, feel free to chime in !

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Scorcher for sale it's awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still debating going with the AFE Scorcher or the Pedal Commander.

I haven't heard/read of any issues with either yet. Anyone who's tried both, feel free to chime in !

Myself and a few others had some issues with the boostmax when it came out. Not sure if they worked the bugs out. I know of a few others that zero issues so who knows.

That said, I have had no issues with the AFE Scorcher. Great product and easy install'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to return the boostmax and pedal max to Jms. My truck threw a bunch of codes and went into a safe mode. Jms was great and took them back with a full refund and I just cleared the codes and my truck is fine. Then I got the pedal commander. That thing is great. Wow. I wonder if I can run the scorcher and the pedal max together.