Pedal Commander! Awesomeness!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Wow just wow this thing is awesome thanks for the super fast turnaround !@!

Awesome to hear, I knew you would like it. Thanks for posting!

Still have these on sale and the Raptoberfest order for the event just came in today. I've already sold half of them. Hurry. :)

madmatster

Reaction score
there was a post or two in this monster thread eluding that the PC may negatively impact 0-60/qtr mile times? can someone elaborate on that?

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
there was a post or two in this monster thread eluding that the PC may negatively impact 0-60/qtr mile times? can someone elaborate on that?

Perhaps you can go back and actually find that/those posts?

It's hard to imagine how the PC's response will reduce 0-60 but perhaps 1/4 mile. I'd like to see what you're referring to...

madmatster

Reaction score
Perhaps you can go back and actually find that/those posts?

It's hard to imagine how the PC's response will reduce 0-60 but perhaps 1/4 mile. I'd like to see what you're referring to...

sure... its post 114, which is a reply to the same question. doesn't look like anyone debunked this or supported it. The claim didn't add up for me, and I was wondering if there was any validity to it.
just trying to figure out if/what the downside is to the pc.

If there’s a decrease in 0-60 / .25 mile, it’s minimal but I’d bet money it’s there, especially in the more aggressive modes, because you are into big boost almost instantly. It’s not rheostatic or smooth, it’s just there like a punch to the face. Where you really notice the pedal commander is part throttle / around town. In city it brings boost on faster, but still smooth. In sport, the throttle is much more aggressively brought on. NJSP suggested city+1 and I’ve found that’s pretty good for kicking around on the street.

I found that all other things being equal, in city+1 I did not notice a decrease in MPG, but in sport (both on the pedal commander) I did seem to burn through gas about one MPG faster. Sport makes the transmission downshift under regular load conditions that in city mode the truck will hold the gear - like going up slight inclines or just rolling into the throttle a bit to hold speed.

This is not over the course of multiple tanks of fuel, but at least not changing my driving habits.

marsh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure... its post 114, which is a reply to the same question. doesn't look like anyone debunked this or supported it. The claim didn't add up for me, and I was wondering if there was any validity to it.

I have had mine installed for about 6K miles. No downside. All you have to do is turn it off and you know how much of a difference it makes.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

if anything getting into the boost sooner should make it quicker unless you are getting lots of wheel spin, then obviously 60' and 1/4 times will be slower due to no traction...Like mentioned above partial throttle and everyday driving is where the pedal commander shines.