PCM/TCM Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Obscure

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck back today. No luck getting an update for PCM/TCM. Was told they hooked to the IDS machine and checked for updates and nothing is available. Also told the transmission is behaving normal. Still not sure I believe that but... guess I am just going to shut up and color.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been putting a lot of miles on my truck and it seems to be getting a little better still. I've put over 2000 miles on in the last 4 weeks.

Tretiak30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine to the dealer today to check a noise and had them hook up the computer. PCM and TCM both done. Shifts a little smoother but still a bit rough. Much much better. There is definitely an update out there.

OP
OP
Obscure

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine to the dealer today to check a noise and had them hook up the computer. PCM and TCM both done. Shifts a little smoother but still a bit rough. Much much better. There is definitely an update out there.

What year is your raptor and when was it built?

Also, do you have the ability to pull part number/strategy through FORScan?

Thanks

OP
OP
Obscure

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try another dealer

The two closest dealers have both told me the same thing that there are no updates available. That is why I am looking for something concrete like someone able to pull their part numbers and PCM/TCM strategies via FORScan. Otherwise it is just me telling them someone on a forum told me yadda yadda.

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you know the people that are saying there is an update didn't have an older version of the software from the factory than you? maybe yours already came with the update.