P0430 with Whipple Stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took my truck to the bank and threw the P0430 code. Its a cat inefficiency code. It wasn't a long drive and I was driving like an old lady. I'm running the Whipple Stage 1 tune with intake and intercooler but no other exhaust mods. I went ahead and cleared it with the Whipple Tomahawk Tuner and haven't driven it again yet. I'm assuming it will just come back. Trying to figure out if this is tune related and exactly what to do. I sent an email to Jeff at Whipple but it's the weekend so probably won't hear back until Monday at best. Anyone else with this experience

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford took some heat for the “sensitivity” of the admissions sensors not throwing a wrench on the 2017s. California smog issues.

They have a recall in for it.

I refuse to get it done on my 17.

I suspect that’s what you are running into now.... the more sensitive wrench light.

Just took my truck to the bank and threw the P0430 code. Its a cat inefficiency code. It wasn't a long drive and I was driving like an old lady. I'm running the Whipple Stage 1 tune with intake and intercooler but no other exhaust mods. I went ahead and cleared it with the Whipple Tomahawk Tuner and haven't driven it again yet. I'm assuming it will just come back. Trying to figure out if this is tune related and exactly what to do. I sent an email to Jeff at Whipple but it's the weekend so probably won't hear back until Monday at best. Anyone else with this experience