Opinions:. Whipple stage I

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

pinoybruin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple is using my truck to create tunes, design CAI and Test their new huge IC. They have been using my truck since Feb. 17 to Test, design and create tunes. Stage 1 was created back in Feb, but they couldn't install until they had the new CAI. They installed the IC in Feb. It is very nice!
In May they used my truck for 5 days to create Stage 2 with the help from Ford engineers. They have tested the Stage 2 at R&D for the last few weeks and It will get installed on Tuesday. I will see if they give my a copy of the dyno and if I can share it. I did see the preliminary numbers and they are impressive. We will have the numbers this week. The only thing that will cause an issue is that it is supposed to be 107 -110 deg this week, so this heat wave will screw with their Testing numbers.

The guy over phone told me no stage 2. Are you in Fresno?

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
How does the stage 1 work if you need to send them
Your ecm? Kind of need the ecm to drive
Sorry but I am not a Motorhead, I just know that when I picked up my truck in May, they had it hooked up to a Laptop and that they had a Ford engineer there for test on my truck and the GT Mustang. It would be best to let Whipple do the detailed ecm explaining.
I just pick up my truck and it is ready to go fast! That is perfect for me! I am very happy with Whipple standing by what they said they would do to my truck!
I took my truck to my dealer for an oil change 4,826 miles, this is the second oil change on my truck last Wed. There was a Stage 1 tune, CAI and IC on my truck during the oil change and first inspection. I got a clean report. Everything passed. The guy who sold me my truck really liked my exhaust system and the new CAI from Whipple.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

The guy over phone told me no stage 2. Are you in Fresno?

Yes, in Fresno. They are on Weber, you will need to take the Ashland EXIT if you are coming from the South because Clinton is closed.
It is not for sale yet, it is in the testing process. Unless they are going to do away with the Stage 1 I have and just offer the stage 2 that will be installed on my truck Tuesday and tested. They contact me to see how it is running and if they need to do any adjustments, I drop my truck off. Trust me they do have a much more aggressive tune than the one installed on my truck. I just don't know how they are going to market it, name it or when it will be rolled out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pinoybruin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I am not a Motorhead, I just know that when I picked up my truck in May, they had it hooked up to a Laptop and that they had a Ford engineer there for test on my truck and the GT Mustang. It would be best to let Whipple do the detailed ecm explaining.
I just pick up my truck and it is ready to go fast! That is perfect for me! I am very happy with Whipple standing by what they said they would do to my truck!
I took my truck to my dealer for an oil change 4,826 miles, this is the second oil change on my truck last Wed. There was a Stage 1 tune, CAI and IC on my truck during the oil change and first inspection. I got a clean report. Everything passed. The guy who sold me my truck really liked my exhaust system and the new CAI from Whipple.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Yes, in Fresno. They are on Weber, you will need to take the Ashland EXIT if you are coming from the South because Clinton is closed.
It is not for sale yet, it is in the testing process. Unless they are going to do away with the Stage 1 I have and just offer the stage 2 that will be installed on my truck Tuesday and tested. They contact me to see how it is running and if they need to do any adjustments, I drop my truck off. Trust me they do have a much more aggressive tune than the one installed on my truck. I just don't know how they are going to market it, name it or when it will be rolled out.

Awesome

How does it affect the drive modes?
I am in Fresno 1-2 times month

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Awesome

How does it affect the drive modes?
I am in Fresno 1-2 times month
The one I have right now is much more responsive in Drive and in Sports mode, it will break traction shifting into 2 and 3 gear.
I will get what I call stage 2 tune installed on Tuesday. The RWTQ is what is going to blow your mind! The HP will be great but all of that Tq around 4k rpm is going to be impressive. Don't quote me but I think that the week link in the Gen 2 is the Turbo. I think that it will only spool out around 540 hp at the flywheel. The engine is rated at around 650 hp at the flywheel from what I read.
Once I get it installed and it is tested as good to go, you can message me and you can meet me to go for a ride if you are on the fence?

OP
OP
P

pinoybruin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one I have right now is much more responsive in Drive and in Sports mode, it will break traction shifting into 2 and 3 gear.
I will get what I call stage 2 tune installed on Tuesday. The RWTQ is what is going to blow your mind! The HP will be great but all of that Tq around 4k rpm is going to be impressive. Don't quote me but I think that the week link in the Gen 2 is the Turbo. I think that it will only spool out around 540 hp at the flywheel. The engine is rated at around 650 hp at the flywheel from what I read.
Once I get it installed and it is tested as good to go, you can message me and you can meet me to go for a ride if you are on the fence?

Awesome. Let me know how it all turns out

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds promising let us know the progress and tell whipple we are waiting lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Note that the numbers shown at the Whipple link are flywheel numbers (per the asterisked statement towards the bottom of the page).

I'd be very interested in seeing chassis dyno numbers...

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Note that the numbers shown at the Whipple link are flywheel numbers (per the asterisked statement towards the bottom of the page).

I'd be very interested in seeing chassis dyno numbers...

Just dropped my Raptor off at Whipple so they can install Tune. I am suppose to get a copy of the Dyno. The one they did in Feb. is RWHP and RWTQ.
Stock pull. At 66 deg, it pulled 359.18 RWHP @ 5,200 rpm / 372.93 RWTQ @ 4,850 rpm.
If they allow me to share new Tune Dyno chart I will. Hope to pick my truck up Tue. afternoon or Wed. morning.

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dropped my Raptor off at Whipple so they can install Tune. I am suppose to get a copy of the Dyno. The one they did in Feb. is RWHP and RWTQ.

Stock pull. At 66 deg, it pulled 359.18 RWHP @ 5,200 rpm / 372.93 RWTQ @ 4,850 rpm.

If they allow me to share new Tune Dyno chart I will. Hope to pick my truck up Tue. afternoon or Wed. morning.

Were you dropping it off for the Stage 2 tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk