Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Whipple

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • AFe Scorcher

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also hyper fast cars tune, however thats overpriced.

I saw met/5star/gearhead/whipple have been tried
I might try livernois and give review, unless someone already did

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 5 star tune installed 2 months ago and they said it’s 65 hp and that’s probably pretty accurate, I installed mpt tune today, both are 93 performance. The mpt tune has to be atleast 25 hp more than 5 stars or more. If I went back to my 5 star tune honestly I would feel like it did when I went from 5 star to stock. SLOW, a lot slower. Now I do have everything else you that you can do to the truck as far as performance wise that’s available right now. The mpt 93 tune is probably as hard as I would want to ever push my truck. If you ever install it you will understand why I say this. It’s turned up pretty high. I’m gonna find a dyno shop soon and get it dyno’d but I don’t even know how to do it. Never had it done before. Any certain way I need to get them to do it? Any certain gear or anything to keep it in? Any info is appreciated because I want to get it done right so when I share it with everyone it’s what people want.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

So gearhead is saying Their tune produced 108 more hp? Am I reading that right? That’s really impressive, someone try it and see how it is

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done what I have never done, and waited...got my 17 in Feb of 17...was told to wait a year to have tunes sorted out...so now looking into this again.

I tow from time to time...and my concern is the MPT Tunes are cranked up too high for towing...unless you get multiple tunes as part of the package where you can upload a TOW tune when needed...also, don't want super hard/slammed shifts like some tunes did on the Gen I Raptors...want smooth, but MORE power...

So who has all that? Thanks all.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there SSI Tuning numbers yet?

I'd stay away bad experience personally and gave him plenty of opportunities to correct and $ as well. Short trips it ran well, but long trips it never ran right.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
SSI does make HUGE power numbers with the ecoboost... much more than MPT.