Oil separators / catch can brands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sigma

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting either the JLT or the UPR. I'd appreciate impressions of how those brands perform as well as opinions on how essential it is to install an oil separator.

Thanks in advance y'all.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting either the JLT or the UPR. I'd appreciate impressions of how those brands perform as well as opinions on how essential it is to install an oil separator.

Thanks in advance y'all.

I have the UPR. Excellent fit, finish, and function. The only obstacle is the hole you have to drill in the air intake tube.

As far as essential...it's not. The dual injection of our engines negates most of the former concern with only direct injection engines. Plus, it seems like the average amount of oil per oil change is relatively low if you search other threads.

However, if you plan on keeping the truck and don't mind spending money on piece of mind, I would recommend it. I'm happy with my purchase.

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the JLT. Not sure it's "necessary" but I have always had them on my GT500s.

Easy install and no drilling of the intake tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony_D

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The quality of the components regarding the UPR is second to none !

I have a brand new UPR kit for sale ! 390$ shipped ! I have plenty of NEW parts for sale since I changed my mind on buying a Raptor.

boss301

Reaction score
I'm thinking about the JLT one since it doesn't require drilling. Anyone has more input on these? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the UPR one staring me in the face on my desk. I'll probably tackle the install this weekend.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the UPR one staring me in the face on my desk. I'll probably tackle the install this weekend.

Tackle, lol. Then find something else to do with the other 23 1/2 hours of your day... seriously, very straight forward and easy.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tackle, lol. Then find something else to do with the other 23 1/2 hours of your day... seriously, very straight forward and easy.

Removing the intake pipe off the turbo is a bitch. That’s the toughest part. Definitely advice not drilling into the pipe while it’s still hooked up to the turbo. Took me about an hour when it was all set and done.

boss301

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of drilling... Any other options?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk