Oil change interval - how often and why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
What are most of you using for this change interval? Are you going off the dash calculation or changing sooner. If sooner, why?

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
5K here someone posted an oil analysis that indicated 7K was appropriate.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Why not answer the question user formerly known as sasquatch77?

Folks, don’t fall for this bait.

The user formerly known as sasquatch77 trolled thusly in another thread:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/low-engin-oil-pressure-56762/index3.html#post1192595

The oil change interval on this engine is considerably different than others. It is necessary to prevent sludge buildup that will quickly degrade the engine. Sounds like this thing needs more frequent oil changes than normal, premium gas, and more frequent spark plug changes to keep running well. This is something that Ford Performance does a poor job of communicating to its customers.

and he/she wants a bunch of “I change my oil at 500 miles just to be safe” responses to divert from his rumor starting. I actually had oil analysis done and posted about it. After getting the report I spoke to the analyst for about 20 minutes, they had a sampling of over 500 3.5TT’s from Ford, just from recent model years. the above attempt at rumor mongering is bunk, plain and simple.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking about running quadruple catch cans so I can do 20k OCI's. :hmmm2:

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a picture of mcnasty's truck with him in the photo as well.
garbage-man-300x1681.jpg

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I reset the oil life to 100% and change it when the dash lights up saying "change oil soon". (just did yesterday)

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have changed it every 5k for the first three oil changes (have 16k on truck now).