Oil change - Any reason NOT to go Amsoil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Motorcraft has to be changed at factory intervals.

Amsoil is GUARANTEED to last 15k miles.

Same with both oil filters.

The di knock reduction will take me a little while to find it was sent out to the amsoil dealers. But I'm sure you can find it on Google. Search ford ecoboost amsoil test.

I found some results, but nothing on di knock reduction. So you don’t think I’m deliberately scoffing at this claim, i did trip over this :

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/amsoil-blackstone-labs-analysis-report-22-672-miles-317515/ <-- he claims to have 22.6k miles on the oil and the analysis to back it up.

So, maybe it can withstand 15k miles in a high strung TT v6.
That said, I found a “test” done by Amsoil that completely contradicts the 2 youtube videos posted by @Spartan1

while same source tests aren’t totally invalid, they are almost immediately suspect. If the testing was done by an independent lab, possibly different story.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been using royal purple until I saw a few of these videos. I'm thinking of going to mobile 1. I never get any engine knock when my engine is hot. I do get a little according to my ngauge occasionally when it is too cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_vxdO_9nc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXcf5g85Dzs

I used royal purple in my g1 , I think it’s great oil. Mind you unless you are flogging the shit out of your truck in the desert any good syn oils will likely do. But .... I saw a pour test in -40 and RP poured way slower than M1. For that reason I’ll be using it in the g2. I live in Canada .....

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May I suggest Redline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, if you want the very BEST in lubrication for maximum performance, Redline is it. The rest are "good", but their marketing is what gets people to buy the other stuff. I use Redline in the vehicles that I expect to run at maximum performance often. I use "other" synthetics in daily-driver vehicles. BTW, Royal Purple is the worst synthetic you can buy. If you do the research, you will find that the only racers who use it are those that are fully sponsored by RP, so they MUST run it for the cameras.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, if you want the very BEST in lubrication for maximum performance, Redline is it. The rest are "good", but their marketing is what gets people to buy the other stuff. I use Redline in the vehicles that I expect to run at maximum performance often. I use "other" synthetics in daily-driver vehicles. BTW, Royal Purple is the worst synthetic you can buy. If you do the research, you will find that the only racers who use it are those that are fully sponsored by RP, so they MUST run it for the cameras.

How much more is Redline than your typical synthetic oil and where can you buy it?

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much more is Redline than your typical synthetic oil and where can you buy it?

The Redline is very similarly priced around $10-12 per quart if you by in larger (gallon or case) quantities. I usually buy online from whomever is cheapest. Just search Redline oil and many will turn up. Amazon, RacerPartsWholesale, Jegs, Summit Racing, etc.