Oil change - Any reason NOT to go Amsoil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to run the best synthetic oil I can find because of the turbos, any reason NOT to run Amsoil?

And if your answer is price, that's not much help unless you can explain why Amsoil is inferior...

Thanks

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what tangible difference do you expect to experience by using one oil over another?

the biggest difference you will experience if you do your own oil change is the way the bottle looks as you pour it into your engine.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amsoil has proven to eliminate the tip in knock in DI ford engines. (And subaru engines) It's also proven to last 3 times longer than motorcraft in turbo engines. And is more resistant to heat and fuel dilution than motorcraft.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Amsoil has proven to eliminate the tip in knock in DI ford engines. (And subaru engines) It's also proven to last 3 times longer than motorcraft in turbo engines. And is more resistant to heat and fuel dilution than motorcraft.

Ok, I’ll ask.
Proven by whom?

I’d be interested to read it.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also on the list is Valvoline full synthetic modern engine motor oil

Per several folks on this forum (march discussion) for its use in a turbo engine.

Bonus- its at walmart.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I’ll ask.
Proven by whom?

I’d be interested to read it.

Motorcraft has to be changed at factory intervals.

Amsoil is GUARANTEED to last 15k miles.

Same with both oil filters.

The di knock reduction will take me a little while to find it was sent out to the amsoil dealers. But I'm sure you can find it on Google. Search ford ecoboost amsoil test.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The only thing Amsoil has proven is how to be a master at multi tiered marketing

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right. Use any quality synthetic in the recommended viscosity and change every 5k with normal use, more often if racing/ towing.
Golden.