GEN 2 Not bad for a truck motor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tq numbers are pretty close. 510 vs 550..not bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Eh, it really wouldn't surprise me too much if the short blocks (2G Raptor and new GT) are pretty similar... but as I mentioned before, I'd expect at least different cams (though perhaps similar heads) along with bigger air and fuel components.

As I'm sure you're all aware, usually it's RPM that really stresses motors, and it's not like the new GT makes its peak power all that high (6250 RPM)... if I had to guess, it probably has redline marked about 6500-6600 with a 6800 RPM or so fuel cutoff.

If I remember right the redline on the GT was 1000-1500 higher than the Raptor.

My guess is: Different heads, cams, valves, pistons, rods, crank, oiling system (dry sump). They might share the same block.

ace75

Reaction score
Did anyone ever find out the key differences between the Ford GT engine and the Raptor engine?

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone ever find out the key differences between the Ford GT engine and the Raptor engine?

I spoke with one of our race engineers, from the information he has seen he can say that the cam is hot, injectors are higher pressure, turbo boost is increased (not sure on the internals of the turbos), rpm is higher which keeps the turbos spooled up, programming is custom for the set up, intake is higher flow volume, exhaust is more free flowing. He is looking into the rest, this is all he came up with for now from looking at a couple last week.

The main thing on the GT is the power to weight ratio. Lots of power very light car.

Last edited:

ace75

Reaction score
Great info, I’m mainly curious if the ford gt has a bigger turbo that might be an easy bolt on upgrade for the raptor.