no threads about FMIC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing your new to turbos. You want as much airflow through the IC as possible.

The heat soak on the units behind the bumper will be quite bad, cake up some mud on the bumper and under the truck and it will be worse. I also like that a middle front end bump wouldn't affect the IC (Intercooler) in turbo terms.

Nope, far from new. I've owned many turbo vehicles, and a few with large FMICs. Bugs, rocks, debris always ended up bending the cooling fins and I'd have to take a small pick to try and straighten out the fins.

I can only imagine it being worse on a truck that's actually used offroad.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope, far from new. I've owned many turbo vehicles, and a few with large FMICs. Bugs, rocks, debris always ended up bending the cooling fins and I'd have to take a small pick to try and straighten out the fins.

just get some of these :)

Allstar ALL10680 Radiator Fin Comb Kit
61WDOP3qC-L._SL1500_.jpg

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what I'd like to see. Someone go do it and let me know if it works. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Problem with top mount is how easy you get heat soak. It would take a huge redesign of the engine bay and would require a hood scoop to keep everything cool.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Top mounts still get bugs stuck in them and strangely enough still get bent fins from rocks entering the hood scoop.