New Stainless Works Downpipe & Exhaust option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are still a few weeks out for those looking.

tips have to go for sure. Polished, no way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to wait for Borla to release a downpipe. If they do I'll get it, if not I'll stick with the adapters.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to wait for Borla to release a downpipe. If they do I'll get it, if not I'll stick with the adapters.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

I would do the same. Nothing wrong with mixing and matching but not my cup of tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sound is swell and all, but I'd be really interested in seeing dyno numbers for the various configurations that they showed...

I'm conceivably interested in the SW downpipe/stock cat-back setup, but only if there are noticeable power gains. I'm certainly not interested in spending that kind of coin only to change the sound of the thing.

Muredhawk

Reaction score
The adaptors are now worthless if you upgrade the downpipe.

I disagree. The adapters are not worthless. Yes you will have the ability to remove the need for the adapters if you chose the flush mounted fit. However you could chose the factory fit and pretty much have the same effect. Will they flow a little less? Yes.

However I would most definitely prefer the adapter set up because the joint can move around with bumps and engine flew. I have had plenty of headers and downpipes over the years and had quite a few cracks. The flat flange will put a lot of stress on the welds at the flange and turndowns.

I think the adapters and factory fit is the way to go on this one. My guess is that the difference between the two options power wise will be negligible.

Last edited:

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree. The adapters are not worthless. Yes you will have the ability to remove the need for the adapters if you chose the flush mounted fit. However you could chose the factory fit and pretty much have the same effect. Will they flow a little less? Yes.

However I would most definitely prefer the adapter set up because the joint can move around with bumps and engine flew. I have had plenty of headers and downpipes over the years and had quite a few cracks. The flat flange will put a lot of stress on the welds at the flange and turndowns.

I think the adapters and factory fit is the way to go on this one. My guess is that the difference between the two options power wise will be negligible.
I agree.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk