New Stainless Works Downpipe & Exhaust option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Stainless Works Downpipe & Exhaust option

Just for the record and being an authorized Stainless Works reseller, they have told us from the beginning that the off-road and high-flow pipes will throw a CEL code. They recommend the 5 Star tuner as they have been working close with Mike on it.

For the down pipes that we have sold, we have sold a tuner with it at a bundled price.

I will agree with that..they were upfront about the code and mines come on twice. No big deal.

Can someone shoot a pic of their rear most hangers. Mine are resting on tow bar and rattling. It looks as everything is as far forward as can be.

47e93d62508baf4042b0fae1080de264.jpgba86b9e34edc165cd0ad2e7d805007bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for the record and being an authorized Stainless Works reseller, they have told us from the beginning that the off-road and high-flow pipes will throw a CEL code. They recommend the 5 Star tuner as they have been working close with Mike on it.

For the down pipes that we have sold, we have sold a tuner with it at a bundled price.

Thanks for the info. I ordered the 5 Star Tuner and specified this exhaust/downpipe. So when I install it the codes "shouldnt" be there?

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Thanks for the info. I ordered the 5 Star Tuner and specified this exhaust/downpipe. So when I install it the codes "shouldnt" be there?

Correct, they will have your tune customized to the performance mods that you specified and accommodate for the high-flow cats or no cats in the tunes.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, they will have your tune customized to the performance mods that you specified and accommodate for the high-flow cats or no cats in the tunes.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if they are all set for shipping out everything needed for a bolt on swap? I plan on installing it myself and don't want to have to get extra parts fabricated.

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was told that they would NOT throw a code... It doesn't matter really. A tune will fix it. It's not hurting anything. But... They said it wouldn't.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told that they would NOT throw a code... It doesn't matter really. A tune will fix it. It's not hurting anything. But... They said it wouldn't.

They were very upfront with us on the deal and clearly said it would throw code. Guess it depends on who you talk to over there.

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were very upfront with us on the deal and clearly said it would throw code. Guess it depends on who you talk to over there.

Yeah when I was told it wouldn't I was skeptical. I'm just waiting for AFE to ship my intake before I get a tune. After that I shouldn't have to look at the light anymore.

ipeefreely

Reaction score
Hi guys.

This thread is surprisingly long so I apologize if the information I'm looking for has already been discussed. lol. But here it goes...

I recently ordered the SPD turbo adapters and the SW "dump" style exhaust. I just had a couple of questions.

1. Does anyone have this same configuration? Any drone? How loud is it compared to stock?

2. Were there any codes thrown?

3. Does anyone have any performance figures that they can share?

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

This thread is surprisingly long so I apologize if the information I'm looking for has already been discussed. lol. But here it goes...

I recently ordered the SPD turbo adapters and the SW "dump" style exhaust. I just had a couple of questions.

1. Does anyone have this same configuration? Any drone? How loud is it compared to stock?

2. Were there any codes thrown?

3. Does anyone have any performance figures that they can share?

Can't answer much of your questions but don't think you will have issues with codes by installing just an exhaust. The codes are a problem with downpipes.