New Roush tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI it looks like the new Roush tune has been released in their ecoboost performance pack level 1. They claim a peak increase of 34 HP and 52 lb-ft TQ which seems like a conservative tune. It looks like it is optimized for 91 octane. This is just the tune and the CAI (which I already have). $765 for the intake and the tune together. I am not sure how much the calibration alone costs yet. It comes with a parts only warranty. The other cool thing is that you can buy a powertrain warranty from them as well for an additional $500. I am not sure if this is worth the piece of mind or not. For comparison whipple's stage 1 claims 70 HP and 150 lb-ft TQ but that is with 93 octane. They have the CAI and tune plus the intercooler. The bigger gains must be from the intercooler, but that looks like more of a pain to install.

What do you guys think is 34 hp and 52 tq worth $765? I might give it a try.

http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/2015-f150-35l-ecoboost-powerpack-level1.html

Last edited:

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Stay stock and invest in an extended warranty from Flood Ford. If you intend to keep the truck, that is the only way to go. You will have to keep in mind that modifications are pay to play... Ford won't honor your warranty if something breaks and you are modified.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those power numbers are pretty low for a complete tune ... those numbers are pretty much what you get with the afe scorcher or boostmax and those can be pulled off without cracking into the ecu

OP
OP
Spartan1

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those power numbers are pretty low for a complete tune ... those numbers are pretty much what you get with the afe scorcher or boostmax and those can be pulled off without cracking into the ecu

I thought the same thing when I saw the numbers on their site. The regular F150 ecoboost gets big gains from their tune. Maybe the raptor is already closer to its potential. I was thinking that 43 horsepower is about a 10% gain on the 450 hp they say the stock truck has. I imagine that this is noticeable. The tune might be about $500 and a 3 year powertrain warranty from roush is another $500. I love my pedal commander but it doesn't have a hp gain and it costs $300. It is also not smooth when shifting through the gears when you use the sport modes. I tried the jms boost max and pedal max but had to send the pieces of crap back and they are $600 for both combined. I bet this tune improves the gear shifting issue, increases the boost (but not too much), and has modest hp and tq gains. I suppose that some guys would rather buy an NGAGE and the MPT tunes to play with but i'm not so sure that this isn't a better idea.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
A better idea is to do one of two things:
1.) get a custom tune on a dyno by a reputable tuner.
2.) stay stock and enjoy your warranty.

jmrekieta

Reaction score
So the normal 2017 3.5 eco-boost gets a 100 to 110 rwhp and a 130 rwtq increase. We only get 34 hp and 52 foot pounds of torque. I know that the normal 3.5 eco-boost in the 2017 also has direct and port injection. The increases from this tune for the 2015 to 16 is much much less. But we also have dual port and direct injection. This doesn’t make sense. With these tunes the normal 3.5 eco-boost will have equal horsepower and more torque than our raptors will if we Roush tune them.

Maybe they know something that we don’t but for the price that we paid for these trucks I think it’s an absolute travesty.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay stock and invest in an extended warranty from Flood Ford. If you intend to keep the truck, that is the only way to go. You will have to keep in mind that modifications are pay to play... Ford won't honor your warranty if something breaks and you are modified.

Dude, stop. There's this little thing called the Magnuson-Moss Act....look into it. Only been around since 1975...they have to honor the warranty unless they can prove the modification/aftermarket part caused the failure.