New calibration codes from dealer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtrraptor

Reaction score
So I hear from a couple tuners that they have to rewrite the calibration due to calibration updates from ford.

What exactly are they updating? Can I get an update if I bring my truck in?

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is probably what was done to my vehicle to correct a strange rattle from the front end when I’d lightly rev the engine. Not sure if it was a power train/timing issue.

This noise is different than the rattle heard on start up.

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word on the street is that Ford has a recently released an update for the Raptor that addresses a rattling sound that some people here at startup. The update basically increases the duty cycle on the oil squirters for the cam phasers at startup to make them operate much more quietly. My guess is that this issue will eventually affect all Raptors at some point, so Ford made an ECU update.

Read all about the issue and the ECU update here...

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/engine-trouble-cam-phaser-replacement-54883/index70.html

Last edited:

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at the dealer a few days ago and didnt have it done, unless they didn’t tell me

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They won't know there's an update unless they take it back and hook it up to the diagnostic machine.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
They also won’t tell you that they updated the computer. When a vehicle goes in for service, Ford will let the service dept know if yours needs/has an update. The service group just does it and never questions the ‘why’.