New Borla video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gentz002

Banned
Reaction score
Good work man...do you have any pictures of the area around the spare tire, and around the leaf springs? Curious how they spaced the exhaust...does it have heat shields?

In the video he said they didnt have tail pipes yet. So im guessing from the end of the factory muffler location is still factory piping.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good work man...do you have any pictures of the area around the spare tire, and around the leaf springs? Curious how they spaced the exhaust...does it have heat shields?
Since I removed the spare to put in a train horn (yeah yeah) it's hard to say. What I will say is it doesn't encroach past what the factory had. The factory had a resonator by the now x pipe, and then a single large muffler. The factory isn't nearly as nice as the Borla in terms of build quality. They really did a great job man.

I know, all kidding aside, lots of SVT guys and even the new V6 owners were disappointed with the sound from the factory. That completely changes after this. Can't wait to see Corsa as well!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I removed the spare to put in a train horn (yeah yeah) it's hard to say. What I will say is it doesn't encroach past what the factory had. The factory had a resonator by the now x pipe, and then a single large muffler. The factory isn't nearly as nice as the Borla in terms of build quality. They really did a great job man.

I know, all kidding aside, lots of SVT guys and even the new V6 owners were disappointed with the sound from the factory. That completely changes after this. Can't wait to see Corsa as well!

Ok I just watched video I must have missed it....this retains your factory tail pipes and what not? The guy above said you didnt have tail pipes. In all honesty I want the stock tail pipes...Im sure those will be higher quality (heat shields, and clearance built into them) vs most of the aftermarket options.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok I just watched video I must have missed it....this retains your factory tail pipes and what not? The guy above said you didnt have tail pipes. In all honesty I want the stock tail pipes...Im sure those will be higher quality (heat shields, and clearance built into them) vs most of the aftermarket options.
Yes sorry, haha it uses factory tailpipes, no changes there at all. Borla has new tails coming that look insane. They even have a vented carbon version which I'll be getting.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sorry, haha it uses factory tailpipes, no changes there at all. Borla has new tails coming that look insane. They even have a vented carbon version which I'll be getting.

awesome...and yours is the s type not the atak? Hard to tell on the video but I would be curious how the drone is on the highway at 70-80mph in 10th gear with some boost...that would be worse case for drone. A slight up hill with paddles locked in 10th gear would produce the worse case.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got S-Type. So far no drone, but no load at 70 yet. I'm going to grab my boat this week or next week and we will see how it goes. I'll do a video then.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got S-Type. So far no drone, but no load at 70 yet. I'm going to grab my boat this week or next week and we will see how it goes. I'll do a video then.

I'm torn on S type vs the Atak vs the Corsa....the Borla has the best looking tail pipe setup out so far.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm torn on S type vs the Atak vs the Corsa....the Borla has the best looking tail pipe setup out so far.
The S-Type is really nice, I think ATAK is a bit extreme, around 20 DB louder? Seems like alot if you ask me. Either way Borla did a damn good job, they def performed a miracle on this truck.